Professional, job & personal driver: covid restrictions

shootingstar

The city-wide emergency team for major disasters and emergencies, like the pandemic is headed by a guy (over 45 yrs. or more), who tends to promote heavily tighter public restrictions. He is also no.2 in fire dept. (I think) and was a former paramedic.  I think it helps our organization.  Our municipality has had mandatory face masking bylaw in place for over past 2 months. (I've lost track.)

Since covid, us as, employees (12, 000+) whenever we have time to view, get updated info, answers to questions in virtual planned livestream sessions.  He occasionally uses his family of 2 daughters to illustrate as examples, what a "bubble" means and family cohort for limiting covid spread, etc.  One of his daughters has Down's Syndrome.  He is very open to mention it and one senses his concern how to communicate to vulnerable folks since he has a personal situation.  The latest is a video with him and this daughter as he explains to us, about the bubble, cohort and how tight it must be.  

In our organization, I don't recall a senior manager featuring a family member live in a planned videoclip,  to convey corporate messaging to us.   It is interesting.

I get the vulnerable people messaging ..anyone who may miss the message if it's not phrased to the listener, and for my family, it's ensuring my mother is exposed to the Chinese language TV public education in Toronto. My siblings try..but sometimes the translation is slightly broken and better to repeat through another source.

• Heart 1

28 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

I wonder if it was just another covid solution.  This time last year if he needed to illustrate the issue maybe he uses two people in the office as examples, because everyone is at work..., but at this time he used his daughters because he is working from home? :dontknow:

No, he is often at the office at the EM operations centre but probably can /does work from home on certain days. 

I think the big message:

• vulnerability of those who may not fully comprehend the seriousness of covid and how strictly they have to observe self-protection
  • think of only your immediate home bubble
  • hugging is only for those in your bubble/cohort
  • we care about each other, let's observe those bubble rules

On camera he is sitting and talking to the camera with his daughter right beside him. Neither are masked because according to him, that's their home bubble, along with his wife.

• Heart 1

29 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

I wonder if it was just another covid solution.  This time last year if he needed to illustrate the issue maybe he uses two people in the office as examples, because everyone is at work..., but at this time he used his daughters because he is working from home? :dontknow:

Text for us:  "

The best way to keep yourself safe is to create an agreement with your closest friends or family to stick together and create a cohort. If you need more social interaction, members of a household can partner with other households to create a larger cohort, obviously the smaller the better but this can include up to an additional 15 people. The key to a cohort is to practice physical distancing and when that’s impossible wear a mask when you are around people outside your cohort. If someone in your bubble gets sick or tests positive, you must monitor closely for symptoms and be prepared to isolate yourself.

“Your cohort is your safe zone, where you can relax and let down your guard a bit in this battle against COVID. Your cohort can do fun things like a potluck dinner, ordering take out or even visiting a restaurant patio. You want to be very confident that people in your bubble are committed to staying healthy, because you are trusting them with your health and wellness. In more extreme cases of COVID you may be trusting them with your life, especially if you are elderly or have any medical vulnerabilities.”

To me up to 15 people as cohort, seems big. :huh:

• Heart 1