Hey Paige, will you please turn off the damn smoke!?

Dottleshead

1 hour ago, Page Turner said:

...don't be such a whiner. A lot of people are saying that smoke is actually good for you to breathe. It will kill the Covid 19 germs.:ph34r:

Just got our 6 month policy renewal for home insurance.  It's up by another hundred bucks. :angry:  Insurance companies are not in business to lose money.

But you got firefighting skills.  Please put it out.

Dots. this is our reality.  Better get used to it.  It will be an annual thing from here on out and I don't think anywhere is really safe from fire.

4 hours ago, Page Turner said:

...I quit my union when I retired. (Those fuckers were worse than useless.) I know you wouldn't want non union, scab labor working on this.:quitur:

Why would people pay a union, when they stop working?  

2 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

Dots. this is our reality.  Better get used to it.  It will be an annual thing from here on out and I don't think anywhere is really safe from fire.

Why would people pay a union, when they stop working?  

...there's some kind of deal that you still get to vote on stuff that comes up as union business, and they represent us as retirees in all the negotiations involving retirement and health benefits. But they never cared about my opinions or my vote when I was working, so I can't imagine they'd care now that I'm not.   I'm the first person to acknowledge that unions have a valuable purpose.  But I also recognize a situation where the old boys who run one are so cozy with management, and so benefit personally from their longstanding employ as union officers, that it creates its own set of problems. Fuckers. :angry:

• Heart 1

41 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Wait!  Is this smoke and fire stuff still a thing???? WTF???

...the city and county of NAPA lost a few more historic old winery buildings yesterday. and the residents over there and up toward  Sonoma had to stop wine tastings long enough to evacuate in large numbers again.  This is our normal fire season, and the Diablo winds started up about three or four days back.  That other stuff was from a freak dry lightning storm that came on very early and farther West than it should have in our old normal weather pattern.

It helps going into the normal fire season when everyone is already beat to hell.

This latest blaze struck midway through the region's traditional grape-harvesting season, with many growers saying they would forgo a 2020 vintage.

The 475 vintners in Napa Valley alone account for just 4% of the state’s grape harvest but, according to Reuters, half the retail value of all California wines sold.

Wildfire_Napa_8.jpg

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/california-wildfire-glass-fire-napa-valley-wineries-resort-fire-weather-wine

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

This latest blaze struck midway through the region's traditional grape-harvesting season, with many growers saying they would forgo a 2020 vintage.

The 475 vintners in Napa Valley alone account for just 4% of the state’s grape harvest but, according to Reuters, half the retail value of all California wines sold.

Wildfire_Napa_8.jpg

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/california-wildfire-glass-fire-napa-valley-wineries-resort-fire-weather-wine

That's one way to get folks attention back east.  Hit 'em where it hurts.  Just wait until our hops set on fire -- 80% of the countries hops come out of Washington state alone -- folks gonna stand up and notice when you hit 'em in the booze.

• Haha 1