Who is the bigger jerk here?

Randomguy

13 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Why do people mess with dogs that way???  Cats sure f with them all you want but dogs just love their people.  Why betray their love  with this kind of crap.

I would normally agree with you, but that dog certainly has anger issues.  Are they caused by the owner, or they just put on display for the video?

Probably both jerks.

Just now, Randomguy said:

I would normally agree with you, but that dog certainly has anger issues.  Are they caused by the owner, or they just put on display for the video?

Probably both jerks.

Dogs need to know who the Alpha is. If the dog was properly socialized and knew it’s place in the home it wouldn’t have reacted that way.  

I get some breeds are more aggressive than others but it’s behavior is on the owner.  

• Heart 2

3 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Dogs need to know who the Alpha is. If the dog was properly socialized and knew it’s place in the home it wouldn’t have reacted that way.  

I get some breeds are more aggressive than others but it’s behavior is on the owner.  

Yeah, ruby would have just stared at me to let me know to give her more. 

• Heart 1

6 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

Yeah, ruby would have just stared at me to let me know to give her more. 

Jack had a trust issue and if you offered him food he would snap at it often times getting your fingers in the process. I would hold on tight to treats and not give it to him if he snapped at it.  He now gingerly takes it from your hand!  He wasn’t food dominant so we never had issues with his bowl.  

Im working with Smokey too in that if he gets too rough with biting or jumping  play time is over.  I also make him share his favorite bones with me.  I’ll give it to him but hold it.  He’ll chew for a bit and then I’ll take it & pretend to chew for a while then give it back.  He learns in a subtle way Opa calls the shots.

He listens and obeys Opa and mom but we have had dogs. Smokey completely runs roughshod over my SIL, doesn’t listen to him and SIL doesn’t understand why... Dude who’s in charge here, not you. Smokey is a good dog, he just needs more work but my SIL has  already lost control over him. 

• Heart 1