KC Chiefs, Mahomes, Reid = Phenomenal

MickinMD

We in Maryland are in shock over the awful performance of the Ravens vs the Chiefs.

The offense drove right through the Chiefs with a running attack on their first drive.  The got 12 rushing yards on the first play of their second drive, but it was called back for holding.  Then the Ravens strangely stopped rushing and began passing and got nothing as Lamar Jackson, who had completed about 80% of his passes in the first two games of the season, was off target over and over.  Jackson wasn't helped by poor line play and the fact his #1 receiver, TE Mark Andrews, played hurt, but there was no adjustment by the coaching staff to roll out, etc.

Chief's Coach Andy Reid's play calling, including a shovel TD pass to a fullback and a TD swing pass to an eligible offensive tackle, was one for the textbooks.

The Ravens were outplayed and outcoached.

The week before, the Chiefs needed a 58 yd FG to avoid losing to a so-so team with a rookie QB filling in for the first time against them, so every team can have a bad week. I hope that's it for the Ravens - they've got competition in their division from the Steelers and maybe the Browns this year.

SCARY:  Tennessee had "several" players test positive for COVID-19 after their game with the Vikings and both teams are temporarily suspending in-person activities.  I hope this doesn't become a weekly thing, but COVID-19 cases are beginning to increase worldwide and we can expect the same here!

I know Mick was high on Marcus Peters but Rams fans had a love hate relationship with him. He likes to play off receivers and will often times go for the interception instead of tight coverage.  The result is he gets burned probably more than he gets the pick.   Really frustrating to watch.

The Ravens are a good team and will make a run but the Chiefs are In the NFL elite right now.