Aaaand 2 football teams

maddmaxx

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

Why? Can't these clowns suck it up like real men and go play a game???? Jeebus.  It literally is a GAME.  You PLAY it.  Why are folks complicating this stuff?

Probably because too many athletes who live after contracting the disease test poorly for heart function and condition as a side effect after.  Are you one of the thumbs down idiots at the coliseum rooting for the lions?

Baseball was able to play through several outbreaks so I think the NFL can too.  But baseball was able to isolate the outbreaks.

We’ll see how this goes but I think the NFL will sort it out.  Maxx is correct in that male athletes in their 20’s dont seem to be impacted like the general population.  Coaches however...

1 minute ago, ChrisL said:

Baseball was able to play through several outbreaks so I think the NFL can too.  But baseball was able to isolate the outbreaks.

We’ll see how this goes but I think the NFL will sort it out.  Maxx is correct in that male athletes in their 20’s dont seem to be impacted like the general population.  Coaches however...

College football seems to be moving along fine even with a dozen or dozens of players out each game.

8 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

College football seems to be moving along fine even with a dozen or dozens of players out each game.

I think they can carry more players than an NFL team though. The NFL did expand the practice squads but I think college teams can have up to 80 players and then suit up closer to 50 for game day.

They're talking about getting everything tidied up in time to still play Sunday.  Who needs the 14 day see who else has it thing?

I can see this getting more widespread, to the point that teams have to end their seasons early.

Hmmmm... do they have to SHOW the test results, or just claim the team is sick?  I think I see a way the Eagles finish the season with only 2 losses, but they had better hurry.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

NFL doesn’t have the luxury of doubling up games like MLB could. If the Titans can’t play this weekend, when would the rescheduled game be played?

How fixed is the schedule?  They would have to add games to the back end of the schedule.  

Not sure if there is a publicly announced contingency but you would think they had to have planned for make up games.