Ha. Understatement?

Razors Edge

4 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Maybe the ride from the hotel to the start? The pre-flag drop procession?  Not sure but you can see it:

image.thumb.png.e0811beca8c7824444a79fa38fd82cbf.png

image.thumb.png.20ffd26da7a40bab0b6ed5776b286194.png

Probably. When I went to Flèche Wallonne, Laurens Ten Dam rode from 80 miles away from his home to the start line, and then home after the race. These distances mean nothing to these guys.

3 hours ago, Mr. Silly said:

Spoken like someone who never missed a turn a a charity ride.

I missed a turn on a charity ride, I knew the area and I remembered where the next rest stop was. I rode 13 miles by myself before joining up with everyone else. I finished the ride with 101 miles about the same as the ones that stayed on course.

• Heart 1

Just now, Longjohn said:

I missed a turn on a charity ride, I knew the area and I remembered where the next rest stop was. I rode 13 miles by myself before joining up with everyone else. I finished the ride with 101 miles about the same as the ones that stayed on course.

I missed the cookie rest stop on the Altoona-State College MS150. Dragged my friend the last 20 miles for 100 mile day with no cookies.

• Sad 2

The last ride I did I missed the cookie stop. I thought maybe they didn’t have one but someone at lunch was talking about how good the cookies were. I know it was a long ride from the start to the lunch stop. The only thing I can figure is I was watching someone up ahead and they didn’t stop and I just followed them.