If my son is the king,

jsharr
Go to solution Solved by KrAzY,

2 hours ago, jsharr said:

If my son is the king, what does that make me?

Found out today Ryan is in final three candidates for homecoming King.  

Has to be at school early tomorrow for rehearsal for on field activity at the football game on Thursday.

Congratulations on having a son with good social skills - they're important!

There's more than one strategy to winning. I once had a Senior Aide at our high school who was popular and very pretty and she was elected Homecoming Queen. When I congratulated her she said, "I didn't even want to be nominated but my mother said I couldn't go to the Homecoming Dance unless I was in the Homecoming Queen's Court.  So all my friends and their friends voted for me just so I could go to the dance. I never expected to win."

When I read the first line (...what does that make me?) I thought this was going to be a logic puzzle like the man who points at a man in a painting on the wall and says:

"Brothers and sisters I have none,

But this man's father is my father's son."

How is the speaker/pointer related to the man in the painting?

I used to use this with gifted and talented high school kids to demonstrate how much easier it is to solve complex problems by breaking them into parts and simplifying the parts.

• Heart 1

13 hours ago, jsharr said:

If my son is the king, what does that make me?

Dead?

But, in this case, it better be chaperone who follows him around like a shadow for the evening!

Actually, I'd give him the "nice" car, a nice wad of cash for a meal and/or hotel, and make sure he knows how to us the proper "gear".

3 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Dead?

But, in this case, it better be chaperone who follows him around like a shadow for the evening!

Actually, I'd give him the "nice" car, a nice wad of cash for a meal and/or hotel, and make sure he knows how to us the proper "gear".

All I have is the Chrysler 300.  Maybe I can talk his brother into loaning him the Tahoe?