Is there no moderator in this debate?

Randomguy

1 hour ago, Further said:

I have no need to watch

This.  I won't watch the next one or the next one.  And my MIL has Faux News cranked up and I laugh at the rah rah cheerleading going on.  Then again I'd be laughing my ass off if I were listening to MSNBC too.  They all can go fuck themselves.  

2 hours ago, Dottles said:

Yeah I'm skipping out too.  I mean just the presidential vote.  

1 hour ago, Dirtyhip said:

I am very shocked people would skip this vote.  It seems to be the most important vote of my lifetime. 

...I don't get how not voting sends a message. I've never understood the people who tell me that. It's obvious at this point that Trump has decided he's so far down in polling is that his one shot at staying in office is creating enough chaos in the process to call the results into quesiton, and mouint legal challenges in all the states that are close, (that matter in terms of Electoral College votes.)

If you don't particularly think that it's a good idea to enable that kind of behavior, you ought to be planning to vote early. this is especially true in the Eastern part of the country, where the earliest returns and projections will come in. If it's not a convincing loss, or if voter turnout is way down, it's asking a three year old narcissist to exert enough self control to not break anything.

• Heart 3

10 hours ago, MickinMD said:

I was impressed with the fact that moderator Chris Wallace was fair with both candidates: he's very conservative and a lot of his Fox news casts involve opinions passed along as fact.

I didn't get far enough along to see fairness or bias from him, then I turned it off from the crapfest.  It was apparent that he had no way to stop the interrupting and continuing on, so I thought him very ineffective because of that.

8 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I didn't get far enough along to see fairness or bias from him, then I turned it off from the crapfest.  It was apparent that he had no way to stop the interrupting and continuing on, so I thought him very ineffective because of that.

Interrupting and talking over is a very effective arguing technique.  It shouldn't be called a "debate" (talk to @roadsue ) but it shouldn't be discounted as ineffective.  Again, it's the "never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." sort of thing but which, sadly, in 2016 and 2020 (and 2008) are part of the process :(

11 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

I tried that yesterday.  I rounded up the council, presented my case, and was roundly shouted down.  I was just like a debate but I lost.

Your case wasn't packed full enough with cash!!!  Next time, and I have this on fairly good authority, SW likes BENJAMINS not those dopey Jacksons you tried to pass off on him.  Dude has expensive tastes!

Cash.JPG.981926102704a16745d4fa0ca1a01dd5.JPG

1 minute ago, Randomguy said:

No politics in the thread so far, just the happenings because this is so topical.  I don't know that I need to watch the next two after this one could have been on Jerry Springer.

Who’s the moderator for the next debate? I like the Samuel L Jackson suggestion. “I said two minutes motherfucker”

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Old No. 7 said:

Who’s the moderator for the next debate? 

...I heard it was some C Span guy I never heard of before this.

The moderators include Chris Wallace, an anchor for Fox News for the first debate, Susan Page, Washington Bureau Chief for USA Today for the VP debate, Steve Scully, Senior Executive Producer and Political Editor of C-SPAN Networks for the second debate, and Kristen Welker, Co-Anchor Weekend TODAY and White House Correspondent for NBC News for the third.

3 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

I am a fan of the microphone mute, when it is not your time to speak.

That should be implemented. Your mike turns on when it is your turn to speak.

It is FRIGHTENING to imagine a PRESIDENTIAL debate would require such a measure.  Now, it is no longer "imagining" as much as needing/desiring/wishing for such a measure.

kristen-welker-today-main-200110_63ba7d2

Welker is the daughter of Harvey and Julie Welker.[3] Her father is an engineer, her mother a real estate agent.[4] Welker's father is Native American and her mother is black.[3][5] She graduated from Germantown Friends School in Philadelphia in 1994 and Harvard College with a Bachelor of Arts in 1998.[6][7][8] At Harvard, she majored in history and graduated with honors.[9] Welker also interned for Today in 1997

...she also covers the White House in a lot of the press briefings.  I'm guessing she has little love left for the Trumpster.

Steve_Scully_portrait.jpg

Scully was born in Erie, Pennsylvania on September 17, 1960, to Hubert L. "Hoot" Scully and Elizabeth Jane North "Betty" Scully.[2] He was the 14th of 16 children, including five sets of twins.[3][4]

Scully received a 1982 undergraduate degree with honors in communication and political science from American University in Washington, D.C. During his degree he completed a 1980-81 study abroad program at the University of Copenhagen, he served as a constituent intern in the office of Delaware Sen. Joe Biden from September to October 1978 as part of a college course on Congress, and in Sen. Ted Kennedy’s media affairs office in early 1979.[5][6] Scully then earned a Master of Science degree in journalism from Northwestern University’s Medill School of Journalism, graduating magna cum laude in 1984.[

...he interned for Biden.:wub:

...OK, it's not difficult to discern the President's debate strategy after my research foray. Chris Wallace was his one hope at a moderator who did not already dislike him, and he has spent a lot of time in the past month or two berating the man for what he considers unfavorable coverage.  So given the schedule and the moderators, going into the first debate and turning it into a nude jello wrestling match (with saggy balls to watch) makes perfect sense.

Even if the Biden people don't cancel the next two, most people have already decided not to watch any of the others.  This is a winning strategy, IMO.  If you see the deck is stacked against you, turn over the card table and run. (But grab some of the cash on your way out the door.)

• Heart 1

When I was working at the home improvement place, I made a mistake that delayed a customer's order. I apologized, did everything to make it right and expressed it at no charge to them. Not good enough for Mrs Bestboobsmoneycanbuy. She berated me on a busy Saturday in front of many customers. After she was done, my manager said "you know you didn't have to take that. You could have walked away and I would have backed you" I asked him who looked smaller when she was yelling. I got a lot of "who was that bitch" comments from customers who witnessed it. Don't know why I felt like posting that here..

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, groupw said:

When I was working at the home improvement place, I made a mistake that delayed a customer's order. I apologized, did everything to make it right and expressed it at no charge to them. Not good enough for Mrs Bestboobsmoneycanbuy. She berated me on a busy Saturday in front of many customers. After she was done, my manager said "you know you didn't have to take that. You could have walked away and I would have backed you" I asked him who looked smaller when she was yelling. I got a lot of "who was that bitch" comments from customers who witnessed it. Don't know why I felt like posting that here..

understood

6 minutes ago, groupw said:

3 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

understood

...I understood it as "I just leered at her magnificent breasts the entire time, and understood none of what she said to me.'

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Annnnnnnnd you are the mature one here.

* walks away shaking head *

....the topic of this thread is last night's Presidential debate.  The Maturity is over on aisle three, among the reasoned discourse products.  We had to move them to a smaller section in the back of the store, because they don't sell well any more, but we still stock them as a courtesy to our older customers. We don't make any money off them, so I'd be careful about complaining if I were you.

• Heart 1

8 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

...I understood it as "I just leered at her magnificent breasts the entire time, and understood none of what she said to me.'

Nope. She was a trophy wife. Physical beauty couldn't conceal the ugly inside. Even female staff commented on the boob job because it was just so prominent.