Is there no moderator in this debate?

Randomguy

20 minutes ago, groupw said:

Nope. She was a trophy wife. Physical beauty couldn't conceal the ugly inside. Even female staff commented on the boob job because it was just so prominent. 

8 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Yeah Page, what he said.

...choosing to leer or not to leer at an obvious boob job on a trophy wife is an issue of taste, not maturity, sir.  *harrumph*

2 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

...or to quote the old Nancy Sinatra song, "These boobs were made for watchin', and that's just what you'll do.  One of these days these boobs are gonna rub all over you."

I don't want to bring family into this but is your mom proud of you?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Interrupting and talking over is a very effective arguing technique.  It shouldn't be called a "debate" (talk to @roadsue ) but it shouldn't be discounted as ineffective.  Again, it's the "never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." sort of thing but which, sadly, in 2016 and 2020 (and 2008) are part of the process :(

Effective arguing involves the right words and rhetorical strategy, not dominating the time. As for “debate,” the first principle is the educational value of the debate space. If the audience came to learn, they were soon enough disappointed. 

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, roadsue said:

Effective arguing involves the right words and rhetorical strategy, not dominating the time. As for “debate,” the first principle is the educational value of the debate space. If the audience came to learn, they were soon enough disappointed. 

It was a circus, not a debate.

• Heart 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, roadsue said:

Even a circus has moments of shared ethos and joy in the spectacle. I turned it off after Trump called Biden “number two.” 

Sadly, and I have never really liked Presidential debates, is that there is really ZERO value to that one last night, and the rest of them should be simply dropped and we'll all be better served not wasting anyone's time.  :(  Really a low point in our democracy.

4 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Sadly, and I have never really liked Presidential debates, is that there is really ZERO value to that one last night, and the rest of them should be simply dropped and we'll all be better served not wasting anyone's time.  :(  Really a low point in our democracy.

It ain't over yet.  I'll bet it gets lower.

• Hugs 1