Trees turning leaves falling

maddmaxx

My wife’s aide helped me put the winter cover on the pool Monday so I got it on before the pool filled with leaves. She is such a sweetheart, I mentioned that I have to get in the pool to put the cover on since I don’t have anyone to help and she volunteered. I don’t like to leave leaves in the pool all winter.

• Heart 1

17 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

No real change here yet - nor at elevation last week - but the ones that are showing some signs now are the maples turning reddish on parts of the trees, so it is coming.

East of you in Seventown, trees in the yard are starting the seasonal change. Some leaves have dropped. The leaves still up are 95% green but 5% have changed over. Nights in the 50’s will speed things up. Might be a good weekend to drive through the Shenandoah Valley. 

13 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

Might be a good weekend to drive through the Shenandoah Valley. 

Try a weekday instead. It has been a zoo up there on weekends, but also, the clouds have been socking it in in the AM (to and past noon).  We've camped a couple times up there in the past few weeks, and both times, the clouds made headlights a must and visibility ~100' or so from pretty much 1500' and up. Considering we camp there quite often over the years, this is actually relatively "new" behavior for me to see repeated so often. 

4 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

My worst evar bicycle crash was a relatively low speed dump on wet leaves while turning a corner.  The wheels washed out so fast I went down like a sack of potatoes.  Somehow I didn't break anything but I had contusions the size of basketballs that turned purple/black.  Ouchie.

Congratulations on having strong bones. Every time I go down bones break. I’ve been tested for brittle bones and they say my bones are good. They say I’m just crashing too hard. I get the contusions too so maybe they are right.

9 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Congratulations on having strong bones. Every time I go down bones break. I’ve been tested for brittle bones and they say my bones are good. They say I’m just crashing too hard. I get the contusions too so maybe they are right.

You're not underweight, you're over tall!  You can't trust them and their euphemisms!

• Haha 1