So during these troubling times, shouldn't all threads start with, "So during these troubling times"

Mr. Silly

2 hours ago, Randomguy said:

Mormons always seem genuinely happy, at least the ones I have met.  So, yes, I am sure they celebrate Oktoberfest, you simply can't be that happy without Oktoberfest.

I taught twin sisters who were Mormons in high school.  One was going to get her religiously required year of missionary work out of the way right after graduation, then go to college. The other was going off to college first after graduation, but was having second thoughts that she might hate the idea of missionary work even more if she postponed it.

Neither one was happy at the thought, though they were both happy about life in general.

17 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

If Brigham Young and that Smith fella said it, it must be ok!  Drink away, mormons, you have collective permission.

I knew it!  An outsider trying to come in and pit family against family, father against son, and god only knows what other twisted angle you will attack from!

And "that Smith" was not THAT Smith!

2 hours ago, MickinMD said:

The other was going off to college first after graduation, but was having second thoughts that she might hate the idea of missionary work even more if she postponed it.

Neither one was happy at the thought, though they were both happy about life in general.

So they had similar views of the missionary position.