Jump to content
Square Wheels Cycling

Wildlife! Squirrels, Chipmunks, Deer, Snake, and A BIG Bird


Recommended Posts

Spotted a bunch of the usual characters like the deer family (in the short clip), kamikaze squirrels, a cute little snake, and other furry or feathery friends.

...and not sure what kind of bird it was, but it was big:

 

  • Awesome 1
Link to post
Share on other sites


2 hours ago, donkpow said:

Probably a vulture.

We have turkey vultures.  Usually they are in packs near a dead deer or similar.  Always fun to pass under a tree with a dozen of them staring down at you and waiting for you to drop over dead. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

We have turkey vultures.  Usually they are in packs near a dead deer or similar.  Always fun to pass under a tree with a dozen of them staring down at you and waiting for you to drop over dead. :)

There is a beautiful roadway through a park near here. The area is on the side of a hill in ae river valley. The vultures sit and wait for the morning sun to create an updraft so they can begin their day of soaring and sniffing for dead things. I wonder what a one of their droppings would do to you if got under one of them. :o

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, donkpow said:

There is a beautiful roadway through a park near here. The area is on the side of a hill in ae river valley. The vultures sit and wait for the morning sun to create an updraft so they can begin their day of soaring and sniffing for dead things. I wonder what a one of their droppings would do to you if got under one of them. :o

This one was as I neared a local quarry which often has large birds circling it. Not sure what kind they are, but they definitely ride the updrafts, and I definitely would not want them to drop any "bombs" on me!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2020 at 9:14 AM, Razors Edge said:

This one was as I neared a local quarry which often has large birds circling it. Not sure what kind they are, but they definitely ride the updrafts, and I definitely would not want them to drop any "bombs" on me!

To be that large and black, they probably are vultures. Definitely not crows.

Yesterday almost had photo of dead snake in road. Passed so fast had to circle back only to discover had 1% battery life on phone. It was a pigmy rattlesnake.

  • Awesome 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...