Wildlife! Squirrels, Chipmunks, Deer, Snake, and A BIG Bird

Razors Edge

12 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

We have turkey vultures.  Usually they are in packs near a dead deer or similar.  Always fun to pass under a tree with a dozen of them staring down at you and waiting for you to drop over dead. :)

There is a beautiful roadway through a park near here. The area is on the side of a hill in ae river valley. The vultures sit and wait for the morning sun to create an updraft so they can begin their day of soaring and sniffing for dead things. I wonder what a one of their droppings would do to you if got under one of them. :o

11 minutes ago, donkpow said:

There is a beautiful roadway through a park near here. The area is on the side of a hill in ae river valley. The vultures sit and wait for the morning sun to create an updraft so they can begin their day of soaring and sniffing for dead things. I wonder what a one of their droppings would do to you if got under one of them. :o

This one was as I neared a local quarry which often has large birds circling it. Not sure what kind they are, but they definitely ride the updrafts, and I definitely would not want them to drop any "bombs" on me!

• Heart 1

On 10/6/2020 at 9:14 AM, Razors Edge said:

This one was as I neared a local quarry which often has large birds circling it. Not sure what kind they are, but they definitely ride the updrafts, and I definitely would not want them to drop any "bombs" on me!

To be that large and black, they probably are vultures. Definitely not crows.

Yesterday almost had photo of dead snake in road. Passed so fast had to circle back only to discover had 1% battery life on phone. It was a pigmy rattlesnake.

• Awesome 1