Decade's new schedule.

Mr. Silly
Go to solution Solved by Mr. Silly,

They took The Ed Sullivan Show off and replaced it with The Jefferson's.  I like the Jefferson's well enough but I really liked Ed Sullivan.  It was pretty cool watching artists early in their careers. 

They also moved I Love Lucy from 9:00 to 1:00 and shifted all the other shows up an hour.  It threw me yesterday because I used to have lunch after The Lucy Show.  While watching yesterday, I kept looking at the time and seeing that still had over an hour before lunch. 

The last change I noticed is the replaced The Bob Newhart Show with The Dick Van Dyke show.  I like that change a lot.  It means I get two consecutive hours of Mary Tyler Moore.  :hapydance:

• Heart 2
  • Hugs 1

I'm set up in the basement for work at home.  We don't have cable and we don't have the bandwidth to stream so I have to use the digital antenna.  Since I am in the basement, I only get the channels under our local FOX channel so I have a choice of local FOX, Movies!, Buzzer, H&I and Decades.  Of the choices, I like Decades the most.  I keep in on with the volume low enough so I can ignore it but high enough so I can pick up the dialog if it looks like something interesting is happening.

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. Silly said:

I'm set up in the basement for work at home.  We don't have cable and we don't have the bandwidth to stream so I have to use the digital antenna.  Since I am in the basement, I only get the channels under our local FOX channel so I have a choice of local FOX, Movies!, Buzzer, H&I and Decades.  Of the choices, I like Decades the most.  I keep in on with the volume low enough so I can ignore it but high enough so I can pick up the dialog if it looks like something interesting is happening.

I have an outdoor antenna; however, I put it in the attic. I get over 30 channels although about a third of them are shopping channels. Most shows come in better than cable, which I still use, especially sports channels. 

I still don't have the Decades scheduling info on my tivo.  They told me I have to reset everything to default and start again to get it, and I'm too afraid if I do that I'll end up with the whole thing not working.   I get tons of channels and the ones you mentioned are the ones I watch the most anyway.  :nodhead:  I'm not sure I like the Dick Van Dyke for Bob Newhart trade.  I like Bob and the opening scene with him in his trench coat and wool hat taking the train home always reminded me of my Dad who had a very similar coat and hat.

I never really planned to watch the Ed Sullivan show, but when I did they always had the best guests.  Last show I watched was a young Tom Jones.

H&I seems to have shifted from doing all day marathons of House, Monk, Jag, Nash Bridges and some other show I don't remember to  showing an episode or two of each a day.  Plus they added the original MacGyver.

Sometimes I love when the rerun-stations change lineups, but mostly don't.  Also, every so often there's apparently a PBS rating period when they stop showing Last of the Summer Wine for a few weeks.  Fortunately it always comes back. It's the BBC comedy centered on the antics of 3 retired men in a small town in Yorkshire, England that ran from 1973-2010, possibly the longest continuously-running TV show.

Last of the Summer Wine TV Guide from RadioTimes The Queen is a fan of Last Of The Summer Wine, says actor

20 hours ago, Randomguy said:

I can't stand her, it is just the voice.  It became a dragon lady voice as she aged, too, I suspect cigarettes, cigars, industrials fumes, etc.

I am not much of a fan of her acting.  Both I Love Lucy and The Lucy Show are pretty bad.  

I have more respect for her as a business woman.  Back in her time it was unusual for a woman to have her own production company.

• Heart 2

First of all...I don't really care to watch really old series.  I must admit I enjoyed The Jefferson's back then.

I Love Lucy was ok when I was a kid but now, it would grate on me.

I did watch Mary Tyler Moore show as a teen. I haven't watched it since.  I appreciate the significance of that series, working woman plots, etc. 

Youtube helps abit to watch Ed Sullivan introd. certain stars who became even bigger worldwide. It was cool that he helped intro. them on tv...to the world.

To me, watching "old series" is watching reruns of Big Bang Theory or Schitt's Creek. B) 

On 10/6/2020 at 7:41 AM, Mr. Silly said:

They took The Ed Sullivan Show off and replaced it with The Jefferson's.  I like the Jefferson's well enough but I really liked Ed Sullivan.  It was pretty cool watching artists early in their careers. 

They also moved I Love Lucy from 9:00 to 1:00 and shifted all the other shows up an hour.  It threw me yesterday because I used to have lunch after The Lucy Show.  While watching yesterday, I kept looking at the time and seeing that still had over an hour before lunch. 

The last change I noticed is the replaced The Bob Newhart Show with The Dick Van Dyke show.  I like that change a lot.  It means I get two consecutive hours of Mary Tyler Moore.  :hapydance:

I really liked the Ed Sullivan Show for its variety but, as a young teenager, for the folk and rock bands and artists like Elvis Presley, The Beatles, "Here, from Australia, The Seekers!" etc.

I've got about a dozen shows on Fios's Search Queue - Everybody Loves Raymond, Mom, Mike & Molly, Star Trek Next Gen, That 70's Show, Doctor Who, Last of the Summer Wine, Doc Martin, etc. and if I don't see something I like scanning through the Guide, I'll look to see if one of them is on.

Right now i'm watching Buzzr tv and they have Robert Blake and his wife on Tattletales.  Not that wife.

The other two couples are Nancy Sinatra and her husband and Orson Bean and his wife.  They just don't make tv like that these days.