The economic doom and battle for America that looms on the horizon

Dottleshead
Go to solution Solved by Square Wheels,

10 minutes ago, Dottles said:

We close on the 16th of this month. I believe the new place is on schedule and expected to close on the 1st of December. 

How about you?

Meeting with another contractor on Friday.  

I see the septic guy on Friday and we should be on our way to braking some ground soon.

Foundation likely to happen in November, I expect.  

• Hugs 1

24 minutes ago, Dottles said:

For real, is anybody else concerned that this splintering of America is going to hit a tipping point? This covid stuff is not helping.

I can't think about that kind of stuff.  I am banking on hope.  Hell, I am even designing with hope in mind.

This too will pass.  We will be ok.

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

I can't think about that kind of stuff.  I am banking on hope.  Hell, I am even designing with hope in mind.

That's why I posted it.  I've sold the place and shortly will have money in the bank -- wondering if I shouldn't hold off for awhile. But then I'm living at my MIL house and this can't last beyond November.  So I'll be jumping in with you DH.  We're going to make this work.

2 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

This thread is predetermined to be closed.

2 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

Have faith.  It's really about making big changes in the middle of chaos.

17 minutes ago, Dottles said:

Just drove by the new place. The roof is on!

Is yours the last group in the neighborhood, or are they going to continue building?  We were lucky with our first home as each new group was priced significantly more than ours, so as they finished, we got an immediate boost to our home value, and we sold it not long after they completed the whole development.

• Heart 1

12 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Is yours the last group in the neighborhood, or are they going to continue building?  We were lucky with our first home as each new group was priced significantly more than ours, so as they finished, we got an immediate boost to our home value, and we sold it not long after they completed the whole development.

This is happening here. But ours is the last duplex they are building. Everything else is a monster so difficult to compare. But homes are size will/should be in demand for the foreseeable future.

22 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

...I just found out that I am both vulnerable and not vulnerable to this virus. I'm getting this from a very highly placed source, whose name I can't reveal.

• Heart 1