That was a quick $380!

jsharr
Go to solution Solved by Square Wheels,

Man, I just looked at Shimano's current line of road shoes.  What's up with the new round buckles? They look like an adaptation of what Sidi was doing with their high-end gear, and they don't look very durable.

Those S-Works shoes SW posted in the other thread too. Am I a mudge, or is that stuff lightweight first, durability second?

2 minutes ago, Honey Badger said:

Man, I just looked at Shimano's current line of road shoes.  What's up with the new round buckles? They look like an adaptation of what Sidi was doing with their high-end gear, and they don't look very durable.

Those S-Works shoes SW posted in the other thread too. Am I a mudge, or is that stuff lightweight first, durability second?

The round buckle? It's the bomb. The BOA closure. Except I tend to tighten down too much & my feet hurt. I have to remember to "Holly Go  Lightly" on the closure

Shimano - RC5 Limited Edition Cycling Shoe - Men's - Blue

Actually, the more I look, the more the cords remind me of a combination of Adidas' cycling shoes at one point, and the Sidis, but with larger buckles that appear to ratchet. I always feel like those thin cord-ties could snap with tension over time.

I still like my heat-molded shoes. Bike shops probably don't even have the special Shimano oven for baking them any more.

• Heart 1

9 hours ago, Scrapr said:

The round buckle? It's the bomb. The BOA closure. Except I tend to tighten down too much & my feet hurt. I have to remember to "Holly Go  Lightly" on the closure

Shimano - RC5 Limited Edition Cycling Shoe - Men's - Blue

My current road shoes are Shimano with the BOA buckle. I was worried that that little cable would snap. I've had them over two years with no problems.

9 hours ago, Honey Badger said:

I have a pair of Giro with the BOA adjustment. 2 years with no problems.