I Bet Page And I Agree On This One!

Razors Edge

...that a tire tube not being "rim brake compatible" is just plain stupid!

image.png.36e0ed64751b52e334eff8325c8fbe25.png

...but luckily, that is no longer the case and they are even better than ever!

The previous Aerothan tubes claimed to offer equal puncture protection to standard tubes. These new Aerothan tubes now claim to offer more than double the puncture protection with a force of 47 newtons needed to puncture the tube. Schwalbe goes on to claim that the new Aerothan tubes are the best performers for the snake bite guillotine test, and they also offer the best heat resistance.

Schwalbe also states that since the material offers extra stability compared to rubber, Aerothan tubes are safer in the event of a puncture. Instead of going instantly flat, the tubes should hold their shape and slowly go flat in a controlled manner.

Even though the tubes are more stable, they also claim to offer a more damped ride feel with lower rolling resistance – about equal to a latex tube.

I saw this while in the waiting area this morning.  As anyone who rides a 29’r knows spare tubes are large and pretty much fill a medium sized saddle bag.  I don’t like camelbacks & like to carry light so was interested in them for their smaller size when folded up but at $32 each I’ll pass.

4 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

I saw this while in the waiting area this morning.  As anyone who rides a 29’r knows spare tubes are large and pretty much fill a medium sized saddle bag.  I don’t like camelbacks & like to carry light so was interested in them for their smaller size when folded up but at $32 each I’ll pass.

RG might jump at them as he seems to have a perverse love of condom-like products.  And $32, to a New Yorker, is the choice between a second latte or a new tube.

image.thumb.png.7cf68faf0cd9e6964ec317d302c16fed.png

• Haha 2

...double the puncture protection in a tube is basically 2 times nothing, which is still not much, if you know what I mean.  All my protection is in the tyres. If it gets through the belting in the tyres, a stupid fucking tube is not gonna stop anything.  Schwalbe used to be a good company.  They must have sold it, or hired a new management team, or something.

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1

31 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

...double the puncture protection in a tube is basically 2 times nothing, which is still not much, if you know what I mean.  All my protection is in the tyres. If it gets through the belting in the tyres, a stupid fucking tube is not gonna stop anything.  Schwalbe used to be a good company.  They must have sold it, or hired a new management team, or something.

We agree!

57 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

or a buncha MBA's

fun fact: my neighbors girl just got outta colledge and got hired by a consulting company. She is innocent though as she only has a BS & works in healthcare

• Haha 1

MBA'a were the glut that replaced the Engineers glut.  When I got out of the service I went back to college.  Someone convinced me that my future was in the business world.  One of the stupidest ways I injured myself was to enter the school of business at UCONN where I found myself surrounded by prospective MBA's.  I realized that I was in the wrong place when I discovered that many of them were simply cheating their way through school.  Finding the company too unsavory I left school again to take up other employment.  It wasn't till my third attempt that I finally got a degree.

• Heart 2