Supper

Longjohn

28 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

Blue cheese is a problem. Smells like old socks when fresh and is already moldy, so how do you know when it is bad? :scratchhead:

My wife has had a whole range of things she has liked to eat since she has been sick. For awhile she was craving big salads every day (I posted pictures). Her favorite dressing was blue cheese and extra blue cheese crumbles on top. All of a sudden she wasn’t interested in salad anymore. The blue cheese crumbles got moved to the back of the fridge. One day I was cleaning the fridge and pulled out the blue cheese crumbles to see if they were still good. They were all blue and no cheese. I think that’s how you tell.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

• 8 months later...
3 hours ago, Parr8hed said:

You'll want to be careful.  There is some green stuff touching your meat.

I’m not a vegetarian or a vegan but I eat a lot of vegetables. I upped the amount of meat I eat because I am trying to gain muscle. I even started eating lean red meat on occasion which I haven’t eaten since my heart attack.

• Heart 2

I have not been cooking a lot in this little, weak electric stovetop, no oven, hotel "suite."

Hopefully I'm in my house in a couple weeks but it may be a little longer.

I've got a nukable frozen lasagna (Stouffer's Lasagna Italiano - it's really good) that will last two easy meals, 2 lbs of shrimp that will make two meals, and 3+ lb of baby back ribs that I can rub and cook in my Instant Pot then apply Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce.

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

The family had pollo all'aglio al limone alla griglia, risotto al fungi and Caprese insalata.  I had another day of donut holes. :( 

I made some aglia al limone alla griglia after work today. I’m going to use that with some canned sardines sometime. 

• Heart 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

Will youse guise please speak Englich, dammit?! :D

BTW, I am still alive for those keeping score at home. :)

I peeled four lemons (limone) sliced two into 1/4” slices. Added the skin and sliced lemons to 1 cup extra virgin olive oil with two cloves minced garlic (aglia) and some crushed red pepper flakes. Simmered five minutes then steeped 30 minutes before straining the lemon oil to a jar. Used for cooking or dips. Keeps in the fridge up to one year. 

• Heart 1