Day drinking is better than night drinking

Randomguy

I wish I had spent the day drinking today.  There is some show on tv right now where this one guy I have never seen or heard of goes all over the country to cocktail bars trying cocktails while overly serious "mixologists" drone on and on about how they like to use innovative ingredients, mostly cucumbers and some hot pepper or other that doesn't belong in cocktails, plus local artisan bitters, usually celery or somesuch.  

Anyway, it reminds me that I like cocktails and I miss them, and I like going to bars and drinking them while perving on the local ladies.  I don't like cucumbers or hot peppers or celery bitters in my drinks, because I am not just some random asshole that likes crappy innovative cocktails.  I like good cocktails instead.  Perving is better when out, too.  

I sure hope a vaccine comes out soon so I can get back to perving and thinking about non-innovative cocktails and such.

• Heart 2

2 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

If you day drink then nothing interrupts your sleep at night.

unless you skid on the sheets.

I am actually having my first beer in about a month right now.  It tastes like I would like it more if it came out of a tap, but is ok anyway.  No perving currently.

1 minute ago, Further said:

The reason the “old classic cocktails” are old and still popular is that they are good 

Classic gin cocktails are massively underrated.

I do like some unusual cocktails sometimes.  I had a sour cherry old-fashioned that was spectacular, and went back several times for special occasions while they still had them.  The cherries were seasonal, though, so they went away.  It was many years ago when I was with the quarrelsome ex, and they were expensive as hell.  It was at a restaurant that her parents liked and would take us to when they were in town (they lived in Cambridge, by SW).  Her father was super cool.

• Heart 1

Just now, Dickbag Dickbag Dickbag said:

Me neither.  Has Barley John's closed or is it still open and functioning?

Still going..I guess the group met on Monday..I kinda forgot :whistle: I ate there on the patio the end of August...and the have some indoor seating..but they are a small place..I am guessing carry out is a big help.

7 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

Still going..I guess the group met on Monday..I kinda forgot :whistle: I ate there on the patio the end of August...and the have some indoor seating..but they are a small place..I am guessing carry out is a big help.

Yeah.  That is a small enclosed space indoors with relatively low ceilings, I wouldn't eat inside at this point.

10 hours ago, Dickbag Dickbag Dickbag said:

I had a sour cherry old-fashioned that was spectacular, and went back several times for special occasions while they still had them

Sour cherries and alcohol go together well. We had a big sour cherry tree and I used to pick the sour cherries and put them in Mason jars and top with rum. The alcohol preserved the cherries and the cherries gave the rum a nice flavor. The rum also gave the cherries a nice flavor, win, win.

• Awesome 2