Vacation Thread 🧵

BuffJim

1 hour ago, BuffJim said:

Do you guys keep up with work email while on vacation? I usually read it and answer the ones I can. I have a company smart phone. Also have my computer, but I don’t plan on cracking it open. 

Have fun.

No, I try not to check work emails while away. Every time I do it’s a mistake. My direct staff can text me if there is an issue I alone can handle, but fortunately they never do.

• Heart 1

Happy Monday. BuffCarla’s Birthday!!  Everything I wanted to do today is closed. All banks, public offices and schools are also closed today for BuffCarla’s birthday.  We have dinner reservations tonight at the Hotel’s Restaurant. Took a walk around the village while she finished sleeping. 

DA1102CE-908E-4AB8-87A2-E865E7F7044F.jpeg

6A2D1FB7-0E8D-403B-A01E-29AB25154924.jpeg

• Heart 2

18 hours ago, BuffJim said:

The urinals(not pictured)are awesome. 

You need to go back and get a picture.  You can't tell us something as important as a urinal is awesome and then not share a picture.

Give Carla a happy birthday kiss on the cheek from me.   I hope your vacation is better than Parr8's.

• Heart 2
  • Hugs 1

across the border in Dresden, Ontario can see more about underground railroad ...for the freed slaves.

https://cyclewriteblog.wordpress.com/2013/05/06/escaping-slavery-into-ontario-underground-railroad-spawned-afro-canadian-communities/

A good friend lived beside the real Uncle Tom's cabin historic site....home of Josiah Freeman.  

Village of Buxton, was also the site of black intelligensia community....there was more than 1 doctor. Abe Lincoln visited this community...

• Heart 2

8 hours ago, shootingstar said:

across the border in Dresden, Ontario can see more about underground railroad ...for the freed slaves.

https://cyclewriteblog.wordpress.com/2013/05/06/escaping-slavery-into-ontario-underground-railroad-spawned-afro-canadian-communities/

A good friend lived beside the real Uncle Tom's cabin historic site....home of Josiah Freeman.  

Village of Buxton, was also the site of black intelligensia community....there was more than 1 doctor. Abe Lincoln visited this community...

We’ll have to visit after the border opens. Those places are 4-5 hour drive away. 

7 hours ago, BuffJim said:

Yep. We’re headed to the Hudson Valley (Kingston) in 15 minutes. 

Went to a restaurant down by the river a bit ago - Mariner's Harbor.  I enjoyed it and my food was good.  But it was nice enough to eat outside when we went.  Be careful about parking.  At the public lot where I parked, unless you downloaded some local parking app, you needed a bunch of quarters for the parking meter which seemed very old fashioned.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

3 minutes ago, Kirby said:

Looks like fun and glad you had nice weather for the cruise.

It was perfect. Except for the Karen who was screeching at us in line for not being 8 feet away. Once we boarded she was on a different deck, so we didn’t have to beat her up. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kirby said:

Tomorrow should be another good weather day.  Do you have anything special planned?

Going to Hyde Park and Rhinebeck. No specific plans, but exploring grounds of mansions. If we can find one with the buildings open, we’ll visit that, too. 

• Awesome 1

1 minute ago, BuffJim said:

Going to Hyde Park and Rhinebeck. No specific plans, but exploring grounds of mansions. If we can find one with the buildings open, we’ll visit that, too. 

Great day to walk around and enjoy the area.

• Hugs 1

34 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

We’re at the Woodstock museum in Bethel NY

2801081A-4696-43FA-BF3E-E2B4EEE2EE41.jpeg

29C91B0B-D5F3-4216-BA39-1681AA02404B.jpeg

When i worked for the US Forest Service we had a research plot that to get to, we had to walk across the open fields where Woodstock was held. Jusy hay fields then but was still pretty cool.

• Awesome 1