Being directed to sign in when returning to the forum

maddmaxx

• 1 month later...

Happened again.  I was signed in with a remember me, went somewhere else and when I returned I was asked to sign in again (the basic white screen).  When I did so the response was OOPS something happened sign in again.  Did it 3 times before I remember the "out" which was to click on the square wheels header top left of screen from the OOPS page.  Access granted as it seems the site knew I was already signed in.

42 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Do you allow cookies for this site?  That's how your login is maintained.

Yes.  I had cleared cookies earlier in the day but when I signed in legally with password I got the "oops something went wrong".  I assumed that something went wrong and signed in 3 more times before realizing that the software has a problem there somewhere and entered my way.

• 4 weeks later...

Happened yet one more time.  I've id'd that it happens when I go to BF and then return.  Upon return my cookie indicating log in seems to be gone and yet the sign in produces the error message.  After the failed sign in message I'm really signed in and get here by tapping on the forum logo, not signing in again.  Weird.

On 12/13/2020 at 8:40 PM, Airehead said:

Is it still happening?

Every now and then.  It's as if my cookies are ignored but still present.  I've learned that after a sign in rejection that all I have to do is click on the site name in the corner of the sign in page to restore my existence on the site without having to sign in again.  In other words, I'm signed in but I'm not  :rolleyes:  This can only happen in the inexplicable world of conputers.