Lakers Baby!!!

ChrisL

I don't mind the Lakers.

That being said, I also did not realize there was an NBA championship going on!  Wow!

Is MLB done yet?

Has hockey restarted?

Will the Giro make it through today's rest day?

Who the heck is driving the sports' calendar car?  Billy Joel?

The decades long ineptitude of the Washington Wizards and Baltimore Orioles slowly drained my interest in the NBA and MLB and I never got over the minor league hockey Baltimore Clippers folding a generation ago.  So I'm lucky the Ravens consistently have a good team.  On occasion, I attend a Wizards game but the constant interruption of the game in mid-quarter with other events, drawings, and advertisements on the court, the excessive flashing lights, etc. are not my style - I came to see a sports competition!  So I don't go often.

1 minute ago, MickinMD said:

On occasion, I attend a Wizards game but the constant interruption of the game in mid-quarter with other events, drawings, and advertisements on the court, the excessive flashing lights, etc. are not my style - I came to see a sports competition!  So I don't go often.

Would you rather watch the commercials they show on the TV during those interruptions?  :D But, yeah, it's a world of difference going in person vs the more relaxed and casual watching at home (or bar), where you can multitask. 

It's fun once in a while, but usually, a lot of effort.  Over the years, my bosses have have had season tickets to different sports, and there were ALWAYS regular season games available for any "takers".  Even NFL games (often the dreaded MNF game) when playing some crummy team.  

I do like a baseball game as an outing the most - usually least amount of stress (so many games in a season), so the score doesn't really matter and if you make it 5, 7, or the whole game, it really doesn't matter either. Just relax and enjoy.

4 minutes ago, dennis said:

The NBA playoffs were impressive with so many great games. The Lakers seemed unstoppable.

James is amazing on and off the court. It's really hard not to be a fan. 

Honestly, James is like Jordan but with a off-court heart too.  Maybe not quite the dazzle on the court, but dominant is the same (and a few more) ways.  Pretty spectacular guy (among a league with many insanely great players).

• Heart 1

The NBA playoffs were awesome! I’m more of a Laker fan than an NBA fan but I watched more basketball this year than previous years.

It was odd in that James really came with mixed emotions.  Fans were happy he was here but Kobe is the King of LA and Magic is his Grandaddy.  Someone posted King James murals in LA and they were quickly defaced. Laker fan wasn’t ready for a new King yet...

I think we are ready now.