Yo Bosox!

Mr. Silly

The Rolling Stone "Jerry Garcia" magazine that you're seeing at the checkout line is pretty good.  It is mostly just a rehash of their articles on him.

I disagree strongly with their ranking of his "50 Greatest" songs.  Dark Star is not #2, it should be much lower.

I disagree strongly with their ranking of his "50 Greatest" songs.  Dark Star is not #2, it should be much lower.

I agree.  I just listened to roughly 30 seconds of Dark Star.  It was pure crap and nothing but utter nonsense.

Now, don't get me wrong. I like some of GD's music.  The song about cattle and combustibles is, well, unbelievably artistic and amazing.  Mind blowing, actually.  The consistent time signature changes, along with deep thought provoking lyrics, are critical pieces of the work.  If I were to honestly offer an opinion here, and I will, the song is culture shifting and powerful enough to shape society's mores -- only if forced by gun barrel to listen to it.

Cows and kerosene.

Couch

I agree. I just listened to roughly 30 seconds of Dark Star. It was pure crap and nothing but utter nonsense.

Now, don't get me wrong. I like some of GD's music. The song about cattle and combustibles is, well, unbelievably artistic and amazing. Mind blowing, actually. The consistent time signature changes, along with deep thought provoking lyrics, are critical pieces of the work. If I were to honestly offer an opinion here, and I will, the song is culture shifting and powerful enough to shape society's mores -- only if forced by gun barrel to listen to it.

Cows and kerosene.

Couch

Dark Star was never a big deal to me, but some people say cucumbers taste better pickled.

Couch, I'm not surprised you don't understand the line "Cows giving kerosene", because most haters(like you) have their heads up their asses. That line is about cows giving milk that makes people sick, caused by the chemicals used in the pastures and all the antibiotics in their feed.