For BRC and others interested in RC drag racing.

maddmaxx

It appears that they have some sort of soft barrier at the very end of the asphalt.  The cars do have brakes of a sort.  The motor becomes a generator and there is a lot of drag at the rear wheels.  Of course the very first thing you learn is that braking too much at that speed puts a tremendous current spike into the throttle system which is not good.  So, most of us don't have a lot of brake force programmed into the car.  Next, the brakes force is quite capable of locking up the rear tires and that is also not a real good idea as they stop even worse when upside down.  

Now even I think that class is extreme.  I like the classes I'm in now with 2 cars.  1 Superstock, also known as the 13.5 class because of the motor limitations and one Street Outlaw, or Street Eliminator with a lighter weight and much hotter motor than the 13.5

Both of the classes I run are limited to 2 cell Lipo batteries not to exceed 8.4 volts at the starting line.  Those dragsters can run maybe 25 volts and much larger motors.  They are essentially unlimited.

• Heart 1

32 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

That is just weird!  Wait wait wait wait GONE! :D

That's why it became the perfect RC hobby for me during the year of the virus.  There is a lot more preparation and a lot less actually gathering for the races.  Most of my run time is solo in a church parking lot here in town testing and changing the setup and testing again.  I ducked the last big race in Fall River Mass because of the virus.  The super stock car goes out for testing today or tomorrow because of good weather.  The street outlaw won't be ready till spring.  This aspect of the hobby must be growing because there are parts shortages all across the country.

• Heart 1