VILE RANT - Enter at own risk of being offended

Dirtyhip

so is this one of those little problems that can easily be solved with a chain saw?

That's what they should have done to start with.  They could have cut an opening in the original log for people to go through while leaving a portion intact for other people to use as an obstruction.

That's what they should have done to start with.  They could have cut an opening in the original log for people to go through while leaving a portion intact for other people to use as an obstruction.

well, with hippies its always somebody else's fault and somebody else that should do this and that :P

fire up a chainsaw and take down a tree and then you'll have your obstacle back (can't believe I just said that, but I don't know any of those Oregon trees)

Cutting down a tree is not an option.  Maybe we can find a downed log and throw it over there, and hopefully not break our backs in the process.

I am just pissed off that people think they can do what the hell they want and change trail.  It is a gigantic trail sin.

Trimming bushes to clear growth...great.  Smoothing and repairing berms...fantastic...I'll buy you a beer.  

Removing obstacles...you need an ass whippin for that one. 

so is this one of those little problems that can easily be solved with a chain saw?

This!! and while you are at it, drop another two more somewhere on the trail... Let the tree huggers know you are an EVIL Hippy! 

Don't flip out, they aren't going to cut down existing growth.  We are responsible trail stewards up here.

but you guys in the northwest clear cut for decades? what gives?

what if I cut one down for you, then you won't have to work a chainsaw

but you guys in the northwest clear cut for decades? what gives?

what if I cut one down for you, then you won't have to work a chainsaw

Yeah, there was lots of irresponsible cutting in our history.  That kind of thing stretches through the entire PNW.  You can see the horrific cut lines from planes.  

Yeah, there was lots of irresponsible cutting in our history.  That kind of thing stretches through the entire PNW.  You can see the horrific cut lines from planes.  

yea, I see it on the I-5 driving up to my folks house from Seattle.

I'm just sayin, you got junked cars out there for crying out loud. Its not pristine forest, cut down a tree and get on with it

But, I cursed horribly and used threatening language.

listen, I was a petty officer in the US Navy. When I told a sailor to get back to work or I'd buttfuck them till they fell over THAT was cursing horribly and using threatening language

you sound like you were at a quilting bee

listen, I was a petty officer in the US Navy. When I told a sailor to get back to work or I'd buttfuck them till they fell over THAT was cursing horribly and using threatening language

you sound like you were at a quilting bee

The phrase :"'ll kick your ass so hard you won't bounce till hawaii.....and we'll both be going to the hospital in guam to get my foot removed from your keister" comes to mind.

But, I cursed horribly and used threatening language.

Yeah, but only a little.  It was mostly about how you can't do something that you want to do, and less about the ranty subject manner.  I didn't feel the venom or experience the myriad types of death you want to bestow on the fixer of this trail.

I'm going to put my foot so far down your throat that you'll be shitting shoelaces.

Better?

I dunno...I can tell you are trying, but it just isn't working for me

substitute throat for vag and you might be onto something, though

Uhm, you know, there might have been a good reason it was removed? Whoever moved it (the way you speak of it here I assume it was a substantial log) most likely used a chainsaw or something to drag it out. Which woud lead me to believe it was planned and possibly necessary. And maybe, just maybe a new obstacle can be put back in its place?

Just sayin'.