Have you been changing the pedals on your Peloton bike annually ?

Page Turner

Peloton Pedals  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Well, have you been changing out those pedals every year ?

• If I had enough money to buy a Peloton, I would certainly have enough money for new pedals annually.
    • WTF? I have never made an annual pedal change routine for any of my bikes, indoor or outdoor.
    • Are you high again ?
    • I still have some very hostile, suppressed feelings about that damn commercial with the subservient woman.
    • Who?
    • This is upsetting. I have a Peloton with those pedals, but I have no pedal wrench. I hope my butler can do the work.
    • I'm a 1 %er. I'll just sell my Peloton every year to some pleb on Craigslist and buy a newer model.

...well, have you ?

Peloton said it has received 120 reports of pedal breakages and 16 reports of injuries, due to the first-generation pedals. Of those injuries, five people required medical care, including stitches, the company said.

While no other versions of its pedals have been affected by the recall, Peloton said it recommends customers change their bike pedals annually.

“There is no greater priority than the safety and well-being of Peloton members,” the company said in a statement to CNBC. “This recall only affects members who still have their out-of-warranty original pedals on the affected bikes sold in the specific time period.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/15/peloton-recalls-pedals-on-27000-bikes-after-reports-of-injuries.html

• Heart 1

I'm glad I saved my money and got a Schwinn exercise bike, even while splurging over cheap low end, such as Marcy. FYI - Schwinn, Nautilus, and BowFlex are the same parent company with "twin sister" models and all have a model that competes with Peloton at a lower price. Even less expensive when don't have to change pedals.

• Heart 1

Depends on how much you use the bike.  

My pedals seem to last longer than a year, but they do get sticky.  Recently I sheared off a fixing bolt on my crank.  One side of my crank just fell off.  Yikes. I am so glad it happened at a stop light and not coming off the jumps that I had just finished riding.