happy friday

Parr8hed

4 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

DMV appointment to get my license renewed.  Once you have the mandatory Real ID you have to jump through hoops every renewal.  I believe everyone is now required to have them but the backlog may last for years.

Wow - really?  That seems, as ever, ridiculously stupid :( Hopefully the renewal period is 10 years between idiocy, but that's a shame it is screwing with a working system.

It's sort of like WTF is it harder to replace a DL than a passport?

2 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

Yep.  Especially since I have already qualified for it before.  I suspect it's because they want to take a new picture, nothing else.

I can't renew my DL on-line.  I had to make an appointment.  I have 1:05 pm on December 3rd.

Friday is my rest day from cycling and lifting.  Club ride tomorrow.  I did get my bike repair rack from REI on Wednesday, so I may use it to clean my back up bike.  I will also check on my Shimano R8000 drive train gruppo order.  when I gets here I can work on getting my N+1 built.

oh, and I had a request to plan a 200 mile North Phoenix route, with about 5000 ft of elev gain.  will start working on that

1 hour ago, Kzoo said:

I can't renew my DL on-line.  I had to make an appointment.  I have 1:05 pm on December 3rd.

Whelp, my 10:50 went well..........I was in line outside and was allowed to enter the building at 10:50.  It was only 6 numbers later in the usual fashion that I was called to a window.  I had brought all the paperwork necessary to prove I was who I was but I didn't need any of it.  The only choice I was given was because of my age I could purchase the license for 2 or 6 years.  I looked the young lady in the eye and said "If I only buy it for two I'll end up back here in two but if I buy it for 6 I might die without needing it.  Tough choice".  I think that was the funniest thing she had heard all day.

So, once more I'm really the me who says I'm me.  That isn't always true around here.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

The only choice I was given was because of my age I could purchase the license for 2 or 6 years.  I looked the young lady in the eye and said "If I only buy it for two I'll end up back here in two but if I buy it for 6 I might die without needing it.  Tough choice".  I think that was the funniest thing she had heard all day.

Same price?

If not, what if the price goes up? Or down? Or they change to a 10 yr interval?  OMG!!! Are you sure you made the correct choice?

3 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Same price?

If not, what if the price goes up? Or down? Or they change to a 10 yr interval?  OMG!!! Are you sure you made the correct choice?

Same blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah

Hey @maddmaxx, did you hear the same thing I heard?

15 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Same price?

lower price for 2 years but more than just a third of the 6 year price.  It's a special deal for those who don't want to pay as much and who expect to die before needing it.