Which is your favorite Great Lake

Kirby

1 hour ago, Kzoo said:

Agreed, Huron is the least greatest of the Great Lakes.  Right after Lake St Clair.

St Clair is not a Great Lake.  It's a fine lake but not Great.  

You can count me as another vote for Lake Michigan as the best Great Lake.  It has sandy dunes and fantastic beaches.  It is hecking cold like Lake Superior.  And it has wonderful sunsets.

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

Isn't Lake Superior clearly superior to the rest? It literally is named Lake SUPERIOR.  And that's on top of being a Great Lake already. 

1 hour ago, jsharr said:

Lake Superior because he used to post here.

Have you ever tried to swim in Lake Superior?  It is hecking cold.  I could only go shin deep before I gave up.  I've never seen a sandy beach on Lake Superior either.  All I've see are sucky stoney beaches

Lake Superior took the 'Superior' moniker to over compensate.

@Kzoo is correct. I love Lake Michigan for the shoreline. The west side of Michigan is absolutely beautiful. Second to none. Riding along side it breathtaking. Until you've experienced it, you'll never know.  Cross Village, Traverse City, Harbor Spring, Petoskey, Ludington, Grand Haven, Holland, to name a few.  Second will be Superior.

• Heart 3

28 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

@Kzoo is correct. I love Lake Michigan for the shoreline. The west side of Michigan is absolutely beautiful. Second to none. Riding along side it breathtaking. Until you've experienced it, you'll never know.  Cross Village, Traverse City, Harbor Spring, Petoskey, Ludington, Grand Haven, Holland, to name a few.  Second will be Superior.

You forgot Saugatuck, South Haven, St Joe.  @shotgun might forgive you for St Joe.

• Heart 2

5 minutes ago, Rattlecan said:

Well, I can throw a leg over my bike at home and be riding along the shore of Lake Ontario in about 15 minutes, so I guess that's my favorite.

I took a week’s vacation and rode my motorcycle around Lake Ontario. I loved the Canadian side. I didn’t ride very many miles per day because I was enjoying the provincial parks and camping. That was in 1973. The New York side had its moments but the shoreline was hard to follow and a lot of industry.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, sheep_herder said:

No opinion, as I've not visited any of them.

You really should visit all of them.  I have seen all of them but there is one that I have not fished, kayaked, sailed, or SCUBA dived on.  Lake Ontario.  For beauty, clearness of the water I like Superior best.  All of them are great but only one is superior. 

• Heart 1

• 1 year later...
On 10/16/2020 at 4:01 PM, Kzoo said:

Lake St Clair.

Let's be fair, as a Great Lake, St. Clair is not. But as a fun day on the water putting around and swimming in the north, Anchor Bay and Harsens Island is pretty nice.

But I agree with the fellow Michigander, Lake Michigan especially the East shore (my pick would be Traverse City area) is by far the nicest of the Great Lakes.

• Heart 1