I ordered a gun safe

Longjohn

6 minutes ago, Dottles said:

Yeah Washington passed some dumb, unenforceable gun law demanding gun owners to lock up. I always thought that a robber wouldn't mind if I took the time to open it up if he/she was breaking in. Oh you're here to rob me? Give me a sec to get my gun.

Mine are not for unexpected burglars, but if I did keep one out for burglars I would want to lock it up when I’m not home. If you are putting them all in one place it better be pretty secure. I was just looking at values/prices of guns these days and thought maybe they should be locked up.

• Heart 2

1 minute ago, Longjohn said:

Mine are not for unexpected burglars, but if I did keep one out for burglars I would want to lock it up when I’m not home. If you are putting them all in one place it better be pretty secure. I was just looking at values/prices of guns these days and thought maybe they should be locked up.

They should. I don't own one but my Rightie best friend keeps me informed. He's always trying to sell me. I may start listening.

12 hours ago, Dottles said:

Yeah Washington passed some dumb, unenforceable gun law demanding gun owners to lock up.

What makes it unenforceable?

I think, generally, laws like that are sort of "supplementary" laws, so that they can be added to more significant charges, rather than as stand-alone charges. 

11 hours ago, 2Far said:

Those biometric, single gun safes are pretty quick access for home defense. 

Exactly.  Safe enough to keep little ones from getting to them, and easy/small enough to have in a bedroom if there is some real worry of need for home defense.

12 hours ago, Longjohn said:

I was just looking at values/prices of guns these days and thought maybe they should be locked up.

If they have value (beyond personal value), then the consideration becomes "when" to cash them in and/or have you planned for them in a will so that they don't become an argument for your kids.  Personally, I'm all in on the sell it NOW to enjoy the $$$ while I'm still able to.  But I'm less attached to my stuff than some folks.

7 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

If they have value (beyond personal value), then the consideration becomes "when" to cash them in and/or have you planned for them in a will so that they don't become an argument for your kids.  Personally, I'm all in on the sell it NOW to enjoy the $$$ while I'm still able to.  But I'm less attached to my stuff than some folks.

I agree, sell to take money to buy  a better kayak to do it with an older grandkid, whatever.

Dearie gave away all his camping gear to his daughter last month..last time he camped was about  15 years ago or something like that. I'm not really keen on lying on the ground for camping in the past 20 yrs.  I know, I'm a softie. 

Then his daughter complained later that there was a little hole in the tent... Still she is the right family member to receive this gear..since she goes annually with friends camping.