Sam’s weird jugs

groupw

Milk from the LGS was turning skunky well before the expiration date. I decided to get some from Sam’s instead. Price is good. No skunkiness. But the milk jugs have a weird shape. The seal is a pain in the arse to open the first time. But they pour much better than a conventional jug. 

012F2A6F-1AEA-438F-99C5-EA8CFFC9066D.jpeg

My doctor recommended organic milk if I was going to use milk. She said I shouldn’t chance all the stuff that could be in regular milk with my conditions. I discovered that they ultra pasteurize organic milk and it keeps in the fridge for six weeks. That works for me because sometimes it takes a month for me to use a half gallon of milk.

That is actually an improved design and what Costco has been doing for years. It allows flat stacking those long crates/boxes at the store. Previously, Sam's had the raised spout of a more traditional jug. To accommodate that the bottom was aggressively indented. Problem was, you couldn't see the indent and what looked like 1/4 gallon remaining was more like a 1/16 gallon remaining. 

• Heart 1