Tour de Cache

dinneR

My riding partner crafted this ride. Starting about a mile from home, ride as many local trails as possible with bailouts if it rained. It was a cool overcast day with temps in the 40s. It never did rain other than a few drops. It was super windy along the ridge, probably 30 mph. The goal was to clean everything. We came pretty close. 30 miles of singletrack with 5k' of climbing over five hours.

https://www.relive.cc/view/vRO7RLPwLKv

1017201218a.jpg

1017201450a.jpg

1017201459-PANO.jpg

1017201229b.jpg

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Envious 1

23 hours ago, dennis said:

My riding partner crafted this ride. Starting about a mile from home, ride as many local trails as possible with bailouts if it rained. It was a cool overcast day with temps in the 40s. It never did rain other than a few drops. It was super windy along the ridge, probably 30 mph. The goal was to clean everything. We came pretty close. 30 miles of singletrack with 5k' of climbing over five hours.

That's definitely neat.  We have nothing like that here, so it would be interesting to come up with a similar ride, but use backroads.  We could go a bit west and have more "forest" roads, but that is neat you have that stuff so close!

4 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

That's definitely neat.  We have nothing like that here, so it would be interesting to come up with a similar ride, but use backroads.  We could go a bit west and have more "forest" roads, but that is neat you have that stuff so close!

Living close to the trails is ideal. I can be on a mtb trail in about six blocks. I can se Cache creek from my deck so I can tell if it's raining in the upper elevations. It's a five mile ride to the NP and just a mile to the NF or NWR. 

It's pretty nice to live so close to all of this wilderness.

• Awesome 1
  • Envious 1