Fun ride.

MoseySusan

Cool ride.  Some sort of nature preserve?

This made me chuckle :D  Putting the HAMMER down!

image.png.9693be553cfadbe9f4f1cd0bbbe2b437.png

2 hours ago, bikeman564™ said:

Very cool, and relive is neat :)

I need to start taking more photos to put something interesting into my Relive vids.  Roadsue and @dennis do a good job on theirs.  Mine are usually lacking in any photos :(

• Heart 1

17 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Cool ride.  Some sort of nature preserve?

This made me chuckle :D  Putting the HAMMER down!

image.png.9693be553cfadbe9f4f1cd0bbbe2b437.png

I need to start taking more photos to put something interesting into my Relive vids.  Roadsue and @dennis do a good job on theirs.  Mine are usually lacking in any photos :(

Relive made changes and it quit working for me. I didn't bother trying to fix it.

• Sad 2

Just now, dennis said:

Relive made changes and it quit working for me. I didn't bother trying to fix it.

I think I have to use the website and just submit the GPS file?  I used to have it auto-generating after every ride or hike, but that seemed to end when there was some disagreement on data sharing with them.

27 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I think I have to use the website and just submit the GPS file?  I used to have it auto-generating after every ride or hike, but that seemed to end when there was some disagreement on data sharing with them.

I tried that once and it failed. 

I used to plug in my Garmin and boom video created within about a minute. Now it's a mess. I think it might work once a month. 

I quit caring.

Nice, I am still hoping to come someday and photograph the birds. Yesterday afternoon we enjoyed up to 200 cranes flying to and from the alfalfa field across the street. Some corn is still standing next to the road and this prevented us seeing them in the field. Large flocks are moving south with this cold front that moved into the area.

• Heart 1

4 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Some sort of nature preserve?

Yes, it's a riparian area managed by the Dept. of Interior for migrating cranes, geese, etc. During the winter, they flood the fields for waterfowl habitat. We like to go there in late December/early January to watch the fly-in at sunset.

We took the ride yesterday to check out the fall colors and the first cranes of the season.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, roadsue said:

Yes, it's a riparian area managed by the Dept. of Interior for migrating cranes, geese, etc. During the winter, they flood the fields for waterfowl habitat. We like to go there in late December/early January to watch the fly-in at sunset.

We took the ride yesterday to check out the fall colors and the first cranes of the season.

Cranes? Did you see @Further

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, sheep_herder said:

Nice, I am still hoping to come someday and photograph the birds. Yesterday afternoon we enjoyed up to 200 cranes flying to and from the alfalfa field across the street. Some corn is still standing next to the road and this prevented us seeing them in the field. Large flocks are moving south with this cold front that moved into the area.

It just occurred to me that Nebraska is closer to Montana, and more cranes winter there than in New Mexico. @groupw 

• Heart 1

26 minutes ago, roadsue said:

It just occurred to me that Nebraska is closer to Montana, and more cranes winter there than in New Mexico. @groupw 

True, but I have a high school class mate living in Santa Fe and another living in El Paso, and a college mate living in southern New Mexico. Nice to see them, plus we both really enjoy our visits to Albuquerque.

• Awesome 1

1 hour ago, roadsue said:

Just to clarify, we are a migration gathering point in the spring. They actually winter well south of us. Funny thing is, we are a flyover state to them in the fall! I heard several flying over when I worked on my pickup and bike on Saturday, but they don’t land here. 

• Heart 1

29 minutes ago, groupw said:

Just to clarify, we are a migration gathering point in the spring. They actually winter well south of us. Funny thing is, we are a flyover state to them in the fall! I heard several flying over when I worked on my pickup and bike on Saturday, but they don’t land here. 

Got it! 
Ok, olly olly oxen free! New Mexico is the place to marvel at cranes during winter. 

• Heart 1