Waking up to rain

Airehead

If I have plans that are outdoor related, or if it's a super busy day, it's not so great.    But if I can relax I sort of like rain. I love hearing the sound of rain while I sleep and rain sort of gives permission to relax and not race around doing chores. 

• Heart 1

my first thought while working is .....crap. Today is going to suck. But that is mostly on the shoulder seasons. After a while (January) you get used to it. I hate it when our dispatch is happening & it's pouring. Then you know it's going to be a suck day

• Heart 1

6 minutes ago, Airehead said:

Softball in the rain doesn't sound like fun for the spectators.  @Parr8hed do you have one of these?71H81d3ZvOL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

There were quite a few of those out this weekend.  Usually we take a big tent canopy and put a tarp up on one side to block wind.  We have some little propane heaters that we can put in it.  I just didn't bring this weekend because I thought it wasn't supposed to rain.  :rolleyes: 

• Heart 1

When I was a kid in Oklahoma, my parents had a travel trailer that had been converted into a lake cabin.  Up on blocks, room built on and a deck.   Nothing fancy, but a great place to get away and relax.  I loved hearing rain on the metal roof of that trailer.  It would put me right to sleep.   I still like lying in bed listening to a gentle rain.   

Spent way too many rainy days on a boat dock.  Uninsulated metal roofing with the rain drumming on it and the wind blowing was not as fun.

• Heart 2