Since when is a legal analyst on tv a politician

jsharr
Go to solution Solved by donkpow,

3 hours ago, bikeman564™ said:

I wonder same aboot celebrities

I would say that celebrities, athletes, rock stars and everybody else are just like us.  Some are jerks, some are cool, some have lots of good life experience and some have whacked out life experience.  I don't think you can put any more or less weight into their opinions simply because of celebrity, but they do have a stage regular folks don't so we hear about it more.   You can't preclude what they say because they are celebrities, but their words and actions are much more public, and so we can also assess better where their heads are at.

Lots of celebrities enter public service (Reagan, Terminator, etc) and do a pretty good job, and some enter public life so we can serve them (current guy).  Just a crapshoot, but everybody is a politician of sorts.

• Heart 1

12 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

they do have a stage regular folks don't so we hear about it more.  

This is the problem. They preach their beliefs & BS (like us common folk), however they are people who think "gee, X likes mr. whoever", I"m going to vote for mr. whoever :) Think for you own, do your own research and vote what is best for you. Taxes, health insurance, and other problems don't effect them like you & I, because the ones who get on the soap box have money. There a lot of celebrities who never speak on these topics. I respect those more.

6 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

Think for you own, do your own research and vote what is best for you

Most people in this world just don't do this, though, many are not capable of original thought at all.  Most do only superficial research (if any) which generally means listening to their one stupid echo chamber source and calling it good.   At any rate, celebrity gets you face time and influence, just like political ads get you face time and influence.  I don't mind hearing their opinions, sometimes they are very thoughtful and reasoned out, and sometimes they are favors for their connected friends.  Like I said, no more or less able to decipher what is going on than anyone else.

For every Franken, you have a Nugent, yin/yang and all that.  

• Heart 1