Men's or Women's?

Razors Edge

Just now, ChrisL said:

1 & 4 are ladies maybe?  Hard to tell...

And what differentiates a woman's sock from a man's?  Sizing is just an illusion, since you could buy a small man's sock if you are a woman, or a large woman's sock if you are a man.  They are otherwise seemingly identical in width or structure.  Ankle height just varies for both from short to tall, so not even that makes sense to me.

28 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

And what differentiates a woman's sock from a man's?  Sizing is just an illusion, since you could buy a small man's sock if you are a woman, or a large woman's sock if you are a man.  They are otherwise seemingly identical in width or structure.  Ankle height just varies for both from short to tall, so not even that makes sense to me.

My criteria was based on color & pattern but anymore it can go either way.

1 minute ago, Kzoo said:

There are 345,509,401 things in my life more important than your stupid question.

@jsharr why do you allow yourself to be sucked into these things?

I implicitly included you in my "I like ..." post over in RG & Maxx's anti-CFL thread.

12 hours ago, Kzoo said:

BM

If that's what you need, man, I can do it!  We're a supportive bunch here and can help you when you need it.

10 hours ago, Further said:

What is the difference ?

Used to be pink or blue was the key, but not so much anymore!  Identical in all ways except the colors and the size/gender labels.  It's killing me to understand why "unisex" isn't the simplest way to sell bike socks :(

1 hour ago, Zephyr said:

Is #4 womens?  I only ask because they seem to be trying to be Wonder Woman without paying royalties.  All the others appear unisex to me

Or Shazam!  But, definitely could be to avoid trademarks and copyrights.

image.jpeg.5d538cbe30d01687d72ed67c34ec2580.jpeg

I think, in reality, it turns out they are generally unisex, but they go a double UPC route to create a differentiation.  These Barnstormer ones (below and in a thread above) were under men's in one place, women's in another, but the DeFeet website just sells them by the universal European size chart with S - XL sizes regardless of a man or woman.  Only some filtering on men's or women's socks - most are "unisex".  Seems just Competitive Cyclist or REI or wherever are pushing gender choices.

image.thumb.png.9093706adae482a3b3e5386a8f75c46c.png

• Heart 1