I’m going to miss having a seat warmer.

MoseySusan

43 minutes ago, Forum Administrator said:

This is interesting. I liked warming the seat instead of blowing warm air into the cabin. Warming up on the inside while staying cool on the outside. 

I'm always so uncomfortable with rental cars and so happy to get back to my own.  My current car is pretty basic, but it does have seat warmers and I like them during the winter.  My sister hates hers and will rarely use them.

1 hour ago, Philander Seabury said:

How did it compare to the Fit?    The Fit must be a lot zippier by virtue of its low weight and peppy engine. 

I left the idle stop on because it was novel, but the fascination wore off about the tenth time the engine had to get to 1k rpm first before it could accelerate from a dead stop. The Fit accelerates better and handles better. I did like the blind spot warning lights in the corners of both side mirrors on the Escape. I’m not sure if that’s a standard feature. It made lane changes easier. But I’m so in the habit of a head check anyway that it’s a non-issue. Just fancy. 

1 hour ago, Kirby said:

I'm always so uncomfortable with rental cars and so happy to get back to my own.

The one free loaner car I liked was a 2010 Jaguar XF that had 12 miles on the odometer.  We took our Land Rover Discovery 2 in for repairs (we needed to pay the annual LR tax) and they gave us the new Jaguar.  That was a nice car.  It had butt warmers too.  

44 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

The one free loaner car I liked was a 2010 Jaguar XF that had 12 miles on the odometer.  We took our Land Rover Discovery 2 in for repairs (we needed to pay the annual LR tax) and they gave us the new Jaguar.  That was a nice car.  It had butt warmers too.  

Yeah my last rental was a Cadillac SUV. My car is nice but showing it’s age and a mild let down getting back in it.

14 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

showing it’s age and a mild let down getting back in it.

I'm sure the LR / J dealer provided new cars for loaners just for that reason.  Kind of like a real long test drive.    Our LR was probably 10 years old at the time, and they expected us to trade up. Most of the free loaners were new LR cars, the XF was the first (and last) Jaguar I expect to drive.    I'll keep my 2010 Subaru for a while, I still need to drive it in the winter on the new tires rated for snow.  Besides... my Subaru has butt warmers and WoBG loves them in the winter. 

11 hours ago, Bikeguy said:

Insurance would have covered a basic vehicle. I had to pay a little extra. I passed on a BMW at a little more than a little extra. 

1 hour ago, Square Wheels said:

I have had heated seats in my past few cars.  With the convertible I got a heated steering wheel and neck warmer too.  I have the top down pretty much any day the roads are dry.  It can get could here.

Our Miata does not have the neck warmer.....or seat warmer. It does have a great heater, though! We will drive on chilly days with top down, side windows up and heater on high. I have developed a fondness for cashmere scarfs around the neck!

14 hours ago, JerrySTL said:

Seat warmers are passé. Many new cars have AC cooling the seats. I'd like that.

I drove a rental Lincoln a week ago.  It was a car thingie.  It was brand new.  It had heated/air conditioned seats.  I texted my wife and told her the car had "ball coolers".  It was quite nice in the afternoon after working all day.  But I tell you what was really nice... (and @roadsue would love it) was a heated steering wheel.   Never in my life did I think that I would need/want a heated steering wheel.  But it was really nice.

Then I got back into my old plain jane pickup.  The salesman/service guy asked me what I thought of the Lincoln and I said it was dope.  He hinted at making arrangements for me to buy it.  I asked him how much it towed and where you put the faarwood in it?  

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 2

One good thing about the year long contract job in FL was my ability to work my way through almost every model of automobile Hertz Orlando had on the lot.  Every two weeks when I returned from a weekend at home I would pick out a different one that I hadn't driven yet.  Of course seat warmers weren't all that important in Orlando.  Unfortunately most of my choices from 1999 aren't viable anymore.

14 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

I love my seat warmers, and heated steering wheels are fantastic.

What I really want is a heated cup holder to keep my coffee warm

That is an option on my 300.  I have heated front and rear seats, cooled front seats, heated wheel, heated mirrors but no heated or cooled cup holder.  Would be an easy to install upgrade though a bit spendy as they run around $600

• Heart 1