Do you think you will ever wear nice clothing again?

Randomguy

Just now, sheep_herder said:

Need to define 'nice'. I consider nice to be clean, not torn, not too faded for most occasions. If you mean dress up, then probably not for me, beyond jeans, nice shirt, and jacket or sweater. Always wear one of two pairs of custom made boots, one with less sheep poop than the other.:whistle:

He sure is making some big assumptions with his "nice" wording.  I'm guessing that's a Yuppie City Boy thing!  I only aim for "acceptable" clothing these days.

10 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Do you treat it with anything?  Do you try to make if slippery?

The last time I wore it Wo46 sprayed it with some water proofing stuff but it was raining so hard it didn't help. 

• Heart 1

38 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Do you treat it with anything?  Do you try to make if slippery?

I’m fortunate that off the rack fits me well but for some, fitted suits are a requirement. I have had a few suits of similar price and they do fit better and just hang nicer than a entry level suit.  But since I stopped wearing suits daily 15 years ago I stopped buying the fancy suits.

Since I've been working from home, I've only worn  somewhat "nice"clothes when I met my sisters at a restaurant (outside dining).  I've yet to dress up like I would for work since I've been working from home in March.

If we go back to the office, I'll have to dress in "work" clothes again, but it's business casual.

10 minutes ago, Kirby said:

Since I've been working from home, I've only worn  somewhat "nice"clothes when I met my sisters at a restaurant (outside dining).  I've yet to dress up like I would for work since I've been working from home in March.

If we go back to the office, I'll have to dress in "work" clothes again, but it's business casual.

I've been to the office 4-5 times since Mar. When I'm there, I am working for several hrs. there.  I wear dark jeans (after changing out of my cycling wear and shoes).  I have worn rain paints with a casual top while there for 3 hrs.  Oddly when I'm there, I usually stay 2-3 hrs. longer than I planned.  There's hardly anyone around on our floor. Up to 3 people... for a large work dept. area normally for 18 people. There is a shared public space area which is now closed off to the public.

My most expensive clothing was always technical clothing, bicycle, motorcycle, hunting, fishing...

When I stop at Walmart on the way home from work....I don't stand out....

If weddings and funerals ever start again I'll probably wear wear my suit again.

No idea what they will burn me in. 

• Heart 1

I’m doing the same work so my work clothes have not changed. Still a polo and slacks. Both WoW and I do like to dress a little nicer for each other on date nights from time to time. I wore my “cheap suit” and a button down shirt on our anniversary date. WoW wore a dress. She likes wearing dresses because they are comfortable in warm weather. Most times I will wear nice jeans and shirt. So yeah. I will

Yes.  At the very least I have two more kids that may or may not marry, and if they do depending on venue I may need to dress up for those.  I also have two parents and two inlaws in their mid 80s so four more funerals at some point.  

Plus, I dont dress up at work so dont mind looking snazzy now and then to keep WofZs motor running

• Heart 1

16 hours ago, Longjohn said:

I was going to ask him to define nice but you beat me to it. I don’t wear suit and tie or sport coats. I don’t know what they will dress me in for my funeral, I don’t care.

It would be most appropriate to not dress you for your funeral--- but keep the bottom half of the casket closed at the viewing.

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Zephyr said:

Yes.  At the very least I have two more kids that may or may not marry, and if they do depending on venue I may need to dress up for those.  I also have two parents and two inlaws in their mid 80s so four more funerals at some point.  

Plus, I dont dress up at work so dont mind looking snazzy now and then to keep WofZs motor running

Do your suits come in colors other than black?  Do you do the James Bond in Red?