GUNS GUNS GUNS! Get them while they are hot!

Randomguy

I read an article a little while ago about gun sales going through the roof now.   So is it because Obama is coming for your guns (he is!)?  Hell no, it is black people and white chicks who are getting into the game.  People are worried about home protection, now that law and order has been destroyed.

So has the pandemic and coming economic meltdown caused you to panic-buy your first weapon or hoard more guns and ammo?

I don't have a horse in this particular race, seeing how that gun ownership is banned in NYC, for very good reason, btw (because everybody is always pissed off and would kill everyone out of sheer frustration).

• Heart 3

As the pandemic was breaking out in March I went to Walmart to get a fishing license. I figured fishing would be a good way to spend the pandemic until our beaches & harbors closed.... 

Anyway, the line to get a license was the same to buy ammo and it was long. The guy at the counter said people had been stocking up on ammo since Covid broke out.  I also went to another outdoors store recently for some fishing supplies and as I entered they guy asked me for my name & appointment time?  Uh I just want to buy some fishing gear???  Oh sure go ahead... I looked to the gun counter & that’s where everyone was.

Yeah it doesn’t surprise me gun sales are up.  I haven’t purchased one nor stocked up on ammo.

4 minutes ago, sheep_herder said:

Bought a few shot gun shells, but that is all.

Aren't you more concerned than before that, with new gun owners everywhere, you will be forced to fight off inexperienced new gun owners with bad aim?  The Karen's really worry me, as they feel especially entitled to shoot you over the slightest pretense.

• Heart 2

32 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Aren't you more concerned than before that, with new gun owners everywhere, you will be forced to fight off inexperienced new gun owners with bad aim?  The Karen's really worry me, as they feel especially entitled to shoot you over the slightest pretense.

Not too concerned in my situation. Don't do a lot of hunting, where there are many folks. Doesn't sound to me that the new buyers are after hunting weapons, but more for self/property protection.

• Heart 1

Ammo has been impossible to find down here since covid.  A brick of .22s used to be about $30, now it’s $50+. 
I’ve been wanting a .357 lever action since before covid for plinking on my range. I should have bought it then. They are trading above retail now. 
Its even gone so far as pellets for my air rifles are hard to source. And new air guns are selling out the second they come in. I had one on order back in March. Still on back order. 

5 hours ago, Randomguy said:

I read an article a little while ago about gun sales going through the roof now.   So is it because Obama is coming for your guns (he is!)?  Hell no, it is black people and white chicks who are getting into the game.  People are worried about home protection, now that law and order has been destroyed.

So has the pandemic and coming economic meltdown caused you to panic-buy your first weapon or hoard more guns and ammo?

I don't have a horse in this particular race, seeing how that gun ownership is banned in NYC, for very good reason, btw (because everybody is always pissed off and would kill everyone out of sheer frustration).

5 hours ago, Randomguy said:

When you're right, you're right!

I inherited a very nice rifle from my dad. Have some ammo for it. I have yet to fire it. I keep thinking I should get it out and get a feel for it. We used to shoot a lot at my parents’ place. Dad had his own firing range. Haven’t fired a gun since they moved off the place. 

• Heart 1

There used to be a guy who would advertise his gun shop on local radio when 44 was President. It was always ominous “get them while you still can” messages while a version of “God Bless America” by way of “Ride of the Valkyries” played in the background. Always made me thing of the Illinois Nazis in the Blues Brothers movie. 

• Heart 1

14 minutes ago, Dottles said:

Election

Our elections don't have that type of gun/ammo shadow.  And I live in a province with the highest self-professed gun enthusiasts.  

There are alot of angry people right now in our province....probably because the majority realized they made a mistake plunking in a backward guy into provincial leadership. Instead of guns, a few talk about becoming independent country. :wacko:  Dumber than dumb. Teenagers wanting freedom but still with financial strings of mom and dad.

1 hour ago, Goat Geddah said:

there will be a blue wave, and it will fuck the economy.

That’s not what Forbes predicts.

A victory for Joe Biden over Donald Trump and a Democratic sweep—where Republicans lose the Senate—would result in the biggest rebound in economic growth and employment.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/sergeiklebnikov/2020/09/25/biden-democratic-sweep-would-be-best-outcome-for-the-economy-moodys-says/amp/

20 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

A victory for Joe Biden over Donald Trump and a Democratic sweep—where Republicans lose the Senate—would result in the biggest rebound in economic growth and employment.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/sergeiklebnikov/2020/09/25/biden-democratic-sweep-would-be-best-outcome-for-the-economy-moodys-says/amp/

My best wishes for the U.S.

The stretch of suburbs between Baltimore and Annapolis has never been a place for dangerous riots.

I remember working at a fast food place in high school during the Martin Luther King murder riots that were big in Baltimore and who border was 1 mile from our restaurant.  There was concern about potential looting but we teenagers, after the store closed at 1 am, walked the night manager across the street to a bank night depository.  We were not concerned at all - there was no one else in sight.

Then, Baltimore had the Freddie Grey Riots in 2015, where 6 cops - including 2 Blacks and a Hispanic - were accused by an asshole of a City States Attorney, Marilyn Mosby of murder, something the judge immediately threw out in disgust when it eventually came to trial with NO argument from Black leaders.

But that bitch Mosby did enough to instigate serious riots - which ended up burning down Black neighborhood after neighbor hood, looting and burning pharmacies, etc.  Elderly people without transportation in the Black neighborhoods couldn't get the prescriptions filled because of no nearby working pharmacies, so did Mosby or the Black Politicians or the Black Ministers do something to help. NO! They sat on their butts.

It was students at nearby Johns Hopkins University who saved the day, organizing dropoffs and pickups at distant pharmacies for those in the Black neighborhoods who otherwise couldn't get their prescriptions filled.

In 2020, the demonstrations in Baltimore were almost entirely peaceful and the protesters themselves turned over to police those who were busting store windows, etc.  The people clearly remembered how bad the 2015 violence hurt their communities.

16 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

There have been a number of articles quoting Goldman Sachs and other investment houses saying a Biden Presidency would in the gain of several million more jobs in the next 4 years than under a Trump Presidency.

I don't usually pay much attention because the politicians have much less of an effect on the economy that they'd like us to believe, but when conservative sources are saying the liberal would be better, it's noteworthy.

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Goat Geddah said:

So, you're predicting a blue wave?  If so we can agree on two things...there will be a blue wave, and it will fuck the economy.

See?  We have a lot in common afterall.

I see everybody else already rebutted that silly claim.  At least you are consistent with the current administration and spineless sheep/yes people who enable it.

Biden, Democratic Victories Would Be Best Outcome For The Economy, Moody’s Says

Sergei KlebnikovForbes Staff

I cover billionaires and their wealth.
Updated Sep 25, 2020, 03:17pm EDT

A victory for Joe Biden over Donald Trump and a Democratic sweep—where Republicans lose the Senate—would result in the biggest rebound in economic growth and employment, according to a recent analysis of both candidates’ economic proposals by Moody’s Analytics.