Speaking of Great Lakes

team scooter

20 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

@team scooter  I just found this link.   https://greatlakes-seaway.com/en/navigating-the-seaway/seaway-map/ 

Then click on the Seawau Map link for a map of the ship traffic on the great lakes and seaway.

Thanks. I like yours better, and its much easier to use, then the one I have been using. :nodhead:

11 hours ago, Bikeguy said:

I zoomed out to see more on the map.   OMG there are a lot of ships sailing in the world.  I had no idea there were sooooo many. 

Yep, people want their stuff. I'm also surprised how many heavy cargo jets there are. Especially flying into Anchorage. :o

https://www.flightradar24.com/

23 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Thanks for reminding me. You can just make oot her silhouette on the Hillside cam . Glad I'm not the only one that finds this stuff interesting. :unsure:

• Heart 1

6 minutes ago, jsharr said:

@team scooter on the twin harbor cam there was a little otter looking critter running around the boat docks.  What was that?  About a foot or so long, ran on the docks, jumped in the water,.  

Sorry, I'm not sure I could even tell you if I saw it. :dontknow: 

I caught the Integrity leave a while ago though. 

1 minute ago, team scooter said:

When I went back and watched the Walter J docking, I noticed the Integrity passing by in the background.

Kinda like a cargo ship style photo bomb. :nodhead:

I saw that too.  Amazing the level of control the Walter J had to get into the little channel thing.  Took a while.  I also watched the fisherman at the boat ramp.  The guy in the silver truck was there the whole time and then loaded all his stuff in his truck and got in another truck with two other guys with a bigger boat.  Never did see them put the boats in the water.

If you look at the boat docks, you can see the little otter thing running around 

3 minutes ago, team scooter said:

Lol, yeah I did the 2x thing yesterday when I was watching for that critter.

And I did it just now to watch the three guys with the tractor take the kayak canoe dock out at Two Harbor boat launch!    We leave docks in the water year round down here.  No worries about ice, etc. 

• Heart 1