We found a contractor

Dirtyhip

8 hours ago, Scrapr said:

sounds like you put the work in up front. That always pays off. Congratulations

shall i tell you trade secrets? The "guys" like when you bring food or beer to the site. Esp on Friday afternoon. They will do all kinda side work for cookies & cakes. 

Thank you.  I do know how to bake quite well.  Good tip.  Keep 'em coming, Scrapr.

I am also doing my best to show that we are not the typical pain in the ass client as well.  We are easy going. 

• Heart 1

We brought our guys things they could eat without utensils and plates.  Cookies, cupcakes, hand pies, sub trays, ect...  I wanted them to care about their work but not have to stop to eat the treat and find a  fork and all that.  Much of the work on our place was done in the fall and winter.  Until there was electric, I always kept a cooler there with a help yourself sign--- water, Mt Dew, Coke and other things I had seen empty bottles of as they worked.  When we moved in they left us a box with extra supplies-- all neatly labeled.  They also left us a bottle of wine and some chocolate for our first night in the house.  Not sure who thought of that.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 3

4 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

Thank you.  I do know how to bake quite well.  Good tip.  Keep 'em coming, Scrapr.

I am also doing my best to show that we are not the typical pain in the ass client as well.  We are easy going. 

From the woman who "lit a fire" under the designers ass to get moved to the top of the list..... 

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, jsharr said:

From the woman who "lit a fire" under the designers ass to get moved to the top of the list..... 

I never complained.  Just asked if he wanted cash, and he was very excited about 2000+ in cash.  He said we were the easiest clients in a long time. :P We only made 3 design changes from his original sketch..