Milk substitutes

Square Wheels

My daughter is allergic to milk protein.  She didn't like milk anyhow, so it's not that big of a deal, except milk is one of those ingredients that's in almost everything.

I decided to limit the amount of dairy I eat too.  I've used Smart Balance butter for many years, so that's no big deal.  I loved milk, but switched to Rice Dream and that's not too bad.  I never ate cheese except as an ingredient and have found Daiya to be really good.  I loved yogurt and found soy yogurt to be terrible, but I am really digging coconut milk yogurt, especially the greek style ones.

This one is particularly good.

coco-yogurt-chocolate.png

My youngest has an allergy to almost everything.  No nuts or soy either.

Ya never stated that in the OP.... did ya :)

Rice milk should be fine... have you tried Goats milk? I know it is different from that of cows and should not contain nuts... unless you miles the wrong goat

Ya never stated that in the OP.... did ya :)

Rice milk should be fine... have you tried Goats milk? I know it is different from that of cows and should not contain nuts... unless you miles the wrong goat

In the OP I was talking about me, then I added my kid.

Goats milk still has casein.  Rice milk, hemp milk (she said is gross) and a couple of others are allowed.  I like the vanilla Rice Dream, she still doesn't.