All the local political ads on

Scrapr

The ads in the STL area are all about how crocked the other candidates are. Lots of the ads have half-truths, guilt by association, and fabrications.  

Makes me think the people who want to be politicians probably should be allow to run. Picking random names out of a phone book might be a better option.

41 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

The ads in the STL area are all about how crocked the other candidates are. Lots of the ads have half-truths, guilt by association, and fabrications.  

Makes me think the people who want to be politicians probably should be allow to run. Picking random names out of a phone book might be a better option.

Great idea. Let’s use the same process that we use for jury duty to pick candidates. We start with 12, winnow them down to four with debates, physical and mental competitions and then vote. 

45 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

I've got two candidates telling us the other one is corrupt.  They're spending a lot of money to tell me that?

Similar out here.  

We have one ad where they reference an ad by their opponent as being fake & a fraud etc.  They even show a snipitt of the opponents commercial in their commercial.  Except the commercial they referenced from their opponent as being a fraud appears to be a fake reference as I have never once seen that ad...

I’m ready for the election to be over.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Old No. 7 said:

Great idea. Let’s use the same process that we use for jury duty to pick candidates. We start with 12, winnow them down to four with debates, physical and mental competitions and then vote. 

I always thought that doing it by lot would make sense.  People interested in the government position apply.  The person takes an SAT type test, if they score in the 85th percentile then they become an eligible candidate.   When terms come up then the names are selected at random.

• Awesome 1

6 hours ago, Old No. 7 said:

will there be "Feats of Strength"?