Wow..just Wow

petitepedal

2 hours ago, petitepedal said:

Okay...I don't  have a dollar amount yet..but the board president hauled us into ( Ha ha ha) the maintenance shop..to let us know we are getting a bonus for all our extra covid hard work.

Sweet...

It is definitely NOT too early to start car shopping again!!! 

I suggest something with some real bells and whistles!

6 minutes ago, Kirby said:

Very well deserved   A large check would be nice, but anything is still a nice sign that they really do appreciate all your work and sacrifice.

Yeah...there was something in board minutes about whether gift cards to employees was taxable :whistle:. Whatever we are getting is going through payroll..I will not be car shopping anytime soon.

57 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

whether gift cards to employees was taxable

If I recall... whenever a reward, bonus, gift, etc..  was to be given to an employee, anything over $25 was taxable, and had to be processed thru our HR dept.  If you don't do that and gave an employee a monetary gift (or gift card) over $25 you get into trouble...  Yeah I got in trouble.  First offence was.. don't do that again, you have been warned. 

At least that's how it was were I worked.  

I used to get certificates every month for each shift my crew had 100% uptime. They would put a nice crisp $50 bill in for each day we did that. Eventually somebody figured out that they needed to take taxes out of that money. After that we got one check for a total of all the days minus the taxes.

Awesome, Petite!

We got none last year. We had an average year man-hour wise (I don't see the $s). One project drug the whole enchilada down. No bonus for the admin/overhead staff.

This year, average year man-hour wise (I don't see the $s). One project drug the whole enchilada down. No bonus anticipated for the admin/overhead staff. I guess the +600 hours of OT will be my bonus this year.

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, bikeman564™ said:

way to stick it to the man 👍

bad thing there is no record. I wouldn't do cash for business.

They can give you a receipt for it.  Also, my contractors are small biz people that I personally know.  Not too concerned about it.  My designer was paid in cash.  I paid him once he was done.  I received the deliverables. :happyanim:It also lit a fire under his ass, cause he was super busy and he pushed me up to the top of the list and made others wait. 

• Heart 3

2 hours ago, bikeman564™ said:

way to stick it to the man 👍

bad thing there is no record. I wouldn't do cash for business.

Some just prefer cash, but still give you a receipt. Not everyone is trying to stick to the man, but some do not want a bad check or use credit cards.

• Heart 1

9 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

It isn't a bonus, per se, but damned if 600 hrs of time and half isn't a nice chunk of change trunk full of dollars!!!!

Yeah, I took this job, at a fraction of my former pay, specifically so I wouldn't have to travel much. So far this year I've been out 120 nights. FWIW, the OT is paid at strait-time, not time & a half.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, sheep_herder said:

Not everyone is trying to stick to the man, but some do not want a bad check or use credit cards.

So true.  3% or whatever the CC folks take adds up for a small (or large) business.  And a bad check is totally awful for all involved (except the banks).