Ok old man winter, do your worst, I'm ready.

Rattlecan

19 minutes ago, smudge said:

Did you top off your propane tank for heat in the trailer??

I have electric heat in the house.  But the camper runs on propane.  We have several camping trips coming up so I topped off my camper's tanks yesterday.  They are small gas grill sized tanks.  I also keep two bigger tanks (that I took off my last camper) I use these for the blackstone griddle as it likes to chew though propane quickly.  I took both of those with me as well since I use the griddle a lot in cool weather camping.  

It only cost me 45 dollars to have the small ones topped off and the big ones filled.  

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

49 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

I have electric heat in the house.  But the camper runs on propane.  We have several camping trips coming up so I topped off my camper's tanks yesterday.  They are small gas grill sized tanks.  I also keep two bigger tanks (that I took off my last camper) I use these for the blackstone griddle as it likes to chew though propane quickly.  I took both of those with me as well since I use the griddle a lot in cool weather camping.  

It only cost me 45 dollars to have the small ones topped off and the big ones filled.  

I've got the Big Buddy (Mr. Heater) for the shed. I bought a brand new 20# tank last winter, and that is great; don't have to mess with the little green cans and pray they don't run out in the middle of the night! I like to refill my tanks at a local tool rental place. Only costs 50 cents a pound. Cheaper for me to refill there than to buy it directly from the propane company that supplies them... and the pig at camp!  Whatever...  :D 

• Heart 1

49 minutes ago, Rattlecan said:

Don't have propane heat in the trailer. If I need heat, I can use a ceramic electric heater.

Do you have to plug in the trailer electricity to something, or do you carry batteries/solar? I know you have a nice set-up, but I forget the particulars!

Ahhh, I guess I'll have to take down the screen doors tomorrow and put up the storm doors then move the summer entertainment equipment back into the heated portion of the house.  We do not heat the sunpourch when it falls below freezing.  Usually we do these things after Halloween but this year it's going to 20deg Friday night.  

37 minutes ago, smudge said:

I've got the Big Buddy (Mr. Heater) for the shed. I bought a brand new 20# tank last winter, and that is great; don't have to mess with the little green cans and pray they don't run out in the middle of the night! I like to refill my tanks at a local tool rental place. Only costs 50 cents a pound. Cheaper for me to refill there than to buy it directly from the propane company that supplies them... and the pig at camp!  Whatever...  :D 

We have a big buddy that we take to cold softball games.  I bought a little valve to refill the little green 1 lb tanks.  I just refill them to make it easily portable for games.  But I also have the hose that I can connect a big tank to the heater.  We love that thing.  

1 hour ago, smudge said:

Do you have to plug in the trailer electricity to something, or do you carry batteries/solar? I know you have a nice set-up, but I forget the particulars!

I would have to run a heater on shore power. I do have solar, but not sufficient to run a heater for very long.

1 hour ago, JerrySTL said:

However I will do this year as they are about 6 years old and I'd like to wear them out before they get over 7 years old.

I just replaced the tires on my Subaru, they were about 6 1/2 years old.  I didn't want any problems with old tires. (blow outs, tread separation)   I purchased winter rated all season tires. No need for separate winter tires.   I didn't want to find out if my tires would last 1 more year. 

I don't think tires older than 6 years are worth the risk.   Here is something to read.

• Heart 1