Do you think this is going on my permanent record?

Mr. Silly

Today after work I tool Lucy for a walk and we pass an elementary school on the way back.  We need to cross a major road and there is a crossing guard there for the kids.  He sees us and presses the crosswalk sign.  Traffic cleared before the white 'Walk' sign lights.  I didn't want to wait so I just crossed without the guards assistance while the red 'Don't Walk' sign was illuminated.

Am I in trouble?  Do you think I'll be called to the principal's office tomorrow morning? 

• Heart 1

28 minutes ago, Mr. Silly said:

Today after work I tool Lucy for a walk and we pass an elementary school on the way back.  We need to cross a major road and there is a crossing guard there for the kids.  He sees us and presses the crosswalk sign.  Traffic cleared before the white 'Walk' sign lights.  I didn't want to wait so I just crossed without the guards assistance while the red 'Don't Walk' sign was illuminated.

Am I in trouble?  Do you think I'll be called to the principal's office tomorrow morning? 

I pay no attention to crossing guards when walking.  Nobody needs another obstruction when walking in NYC.

All kidding aside...  When I took my brief sabbatical from security I was working for the largest private crossing guard company with claims reporting, training & policy creation.  

Most crossing guards don’t need money but they are out there for the safety of their kids.  They get abused by drivers, the public and their own kids they are trying to keep safe.  They also get injured all the freaking time due to falls, weird shit lije dog bites and of course getting hit by cars.

Do me a favor, give your local crossing guard a break.  They are just trying to keep the kids safe. 

• Heart 2
  • Hugs 1

44 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Do me a favor, give your local crossing guard a break.  They are just trying to keep the kids safe. 

First they start with crossing guards, the next thing you know, they want you to wear masks once you have been fully trained to OBEY!   It is the lefty agenda, crossing guards are the gateway drug to suburban destruction!

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

First they start with crossing guards, the next thing you know, they want you to wear masks once you have been fully trained to OBEY!   It is the lefty agenda, crossing guards are the gateway drug to suburban destruction!

I don't know.  The "crossing guards" - the little kids volunteering to direct the traffic - are a nice step to a Hitler youth!  It starts with hall monitors, goes to crossing guards, and next thing you know, it's kids reporting on their parents a la 1984. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ChrisL said:

When I was a kid a car blew by the crossing guard but got stopped by backed up traffic about 50 feet away. She ran after him and told him a lot of things about his heritage if you catch my drift. He started to pull away but she stood in front of his car and he was blocked from behind. The guy pulls out some paperwork stating that he was a diplomat and she couldn't stop him. Big mistake. They waited until the cops showed and they said that she had to let him go as he did had diplomatic immunity. That wasn't going to happen. Finally she told him to NEVER drive down that road again, day, night, or weekends, or there was going to be a 'diplomatic incident' when she kicked his ass. Did I mention that she was about 55 years old?

I always wondered what a diplomat from somewhere in South America was doing driving around Kentucky. Probably comparing our weed to theirs. 

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 1