I am in full agreement with PETA on this

Scrapr

1 minute ago, Scrapr said:

Forced monkey labor has got to stop. Find some free range monkeys for your capitalist endeavors

https://nypost.com/2020/10/28/costco-pulling-products-allegedly-made-with-forced-monkey-labor/

Holy schnizzle!  I will say, Tijuana donkey shows might fall under similar guidelines!

PETA’s investigation found chained-up monkeys can pick around 400 coconuts a day and are then stuffed in cages until their next shift, the outlet reported.

“Just because something is legal or accepted it doesn’t mean it’s OK,” said Kent Stein, PETA’s corporate responsibility officer.

Stein pointed to the Tourism Authority of Thailand’s active promotion of the “Monkey Center,” where tourists can watch the primates learn how to collect coconuts for 300 baht, or about $10. Kids can catch the show for just 150 baht, or about $5.

“The Monkey Center is established and has turned into a new tourist attraction which becomes popular among local people and foreigners. In the center, the monkeys will be trained to collect the coconuts. Each training session takes about 4 months and requires a trainer and a student,” the tourism authority’s website reads.

“Moreover, you can enjoy other monkey shows in the center,” it continues.

Just now, Dirtyhip said:

I am growing concerned about using coconut oil is my cooking.  I think that food has high impact. :(

Palm oil is da BOMB!

I've got no kids. I'm now in the "maintain this joint until 2070 and then who GAF?!?!?!"  Really, we're old enough where we did our part. If the lazy Millenials can't step up and fix the crap their parents broke, who cares? Enjoy your coconut oil!

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

Palm oil is da BOMB!

I've got no kids. I'm now in the "maintain this joint until 2070 and then who GAF?!?!?!"  Really, we're old enough where we did our part. If the lazy Millenials can't step up and fix the crap their parents broke, who cares? Enjoy your coconut oil!

I am not on board with this idea.  

..And palm is not the same as coconut oil, BTW.  Palm being a bit worse I think.  We will have to ask the jury.

Just now, Dirtyhip said:

..And palm is not the same as coconut oil, BTW.  Palm being a bit worse I think.  We will have to ask the jury.

Millenials can't fix things if it gets stalled in the Senate.  We need to clean house there of these old relics.

6 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

Oh yeah, palm oil is worse!  They burn "rain forest" to plant palm trees.  But, hey, 50 more years is all we need on this aging rust bucket!

20 minutes ago, Scrapr said:

Forced monkey labor has got to stop. Find some free range monkeys for your capitalist endeavors

https://nypost.com/2020/10/28/costco-pulling-products-allegedly-made-with-forced-monkey-labor/

This is just wrong!  They are helping these poor unemployed monkeys make a living and feel truly valued in today's society, and all people want to do is just bitch, bitch, bitch because they work outside all day.  Well, I have news for you, Sally Ann, so do the farmers and construction workers, but no one is threatening to take away their livelihoods because of it!

8 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

This is just wrong!  They are helping these poor unemployed monkeys make a living and feel truly valued in today's society, and all people want to do is just bitch, bitch, bitch because they work outside all day.  Well, I have news for you, Sally Ann, so do the farmers and construction workers, but no one is threatening to take away their livelihoods because of it!

Do you think they get to spend their 300 baht on hookers and blow?  And it is Thailand, so what do you think of that?  Dude, this is a mess!

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Scrapr said:

Hmmm...  so @BR46 needs to either pay is wife, or find a free range monkey (his wife probably won't like that).  So BR46 does need to go back to work to pay is wife.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Bikeguy said:

Hmmm...  so @BR46 needs to either pay is wife, or find a free range monkey (his wife probably won't like that).  So BR46 does need to go back to work to pay is wife.

We've negotiated a deal.....I have her locked in for the next few years 

• Haha 1