HD Serial 1

Razors Edge

Yeah pretty cool!  I still have mixed emotions on ebikes though.  The strand along my usual beaches is getting overrun with kids hauling ass through pedestrians on ebikes.  It was always a little dangerous with the bikes but kids were doing 10-12 mph Max. Now they are doing 20 mph weaving between people... Jack almost got hit on our last walk...

• Sad 1

40 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Yeah pretty cool!  I still have mixed emotions on ebikes though.  The strand along my usual beaches is getting overrun with kids hauling ass through pedestrians on ebikes.  It was always a little dangerous with the bikes but kids were doing 10-12 mph Max. Now they are doing 20 mph weaving between people... Jack almost got hit on our last walk...

Yep - a huge uptick in ebikes everywhere, and with it, azzhattery.

I can't see it continuing where ebikes mix with normal bikes on trails.  Sadly, it seems like they might need to be relegated to roads only.  They can be super safe, but the way they are marketed and specced in the US makes them have way too much power for simply "helping" folks, so the few ruin it for the many.

9 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Yep - a huge uptick in ebikes everywhere, and with it, azzhattery.

I can't see it continuing where ebikes mix with normal bikes on trails.  Sadly, it seems like they might need to be relegated to roads only.  They can be super safe, but the way they are marketed and specced in the US makes them have way too much power for simply "helping" folks, so the few ruin it for the many.

Don't they always?

3 hours ago, ChrisL said:

I hate them with a passion.  Dumbass 14 year olds with no bike skills, no awareness of how they move in space, no developed sense of consequence for others, all going 30mph and not caring about anyone else.  Reckless dumbfucks.  Seriously ought to be illegal.

• Heart 2