Winter projects

Forum Administrator

10 hours ago, UglyBob said:

My winter project is rebuilding and restoring a 1955 Harmony Tenor 4-string guitar. All of the glue has crystalized and it's falling apart. I'm taking everything apart, building a jig, and reassembling it. I love bringing old instruments back to life.

tgoo1.thumb.jpg.4797a602a51ff86c497f6aba0c49ed55.jpg 

tgoo3.thumb.jpg.0f398dbf1493b1ebb4b386de28cebd56.jpg

tgoo2.thumb.jpg.9c48ccddba5ab40570684fbccf15124c.jpg

it would be neat to try and play on 4 strings.  

Well, projects would be predicated on my being home for more than 40 hours a week, which should actually happen.

Wo2 is having cataract surgery next month, 12th & 23rd, I think. I'll take the day of off and the day after off-ish. I really, really need to work on the garage. We haven't had a car in there since the kitchen leak of 2019. I need to swap out 5 (at least) switches for my smart house. I need to do some repair work on my Weber grill, day-um they are proud of their parts.

Yes.  We are having a new home built.  :happyanim:

We meet the contractor today and sign.  Our contractor is so nice. I really feel good about about them.  We have interviewed a few of them. The one we are hiring does mostly commercial builds, and I think they want to break into more of the custom home builds.  We got a good deal from them, in comparison to the other builders we talked to.