TIB

Zealot

15 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

Hey @Zealot are you on Instagram?  There are a couple of cats that you should be following if you are.

Cameron Hanes and John Dudley.  They have both been on Joe Rogan a bunch of times and are BIG time bow hunters.  I think it might be up your alley.

I’m not on Instagram.  But both archers/hunters you mentioned are on FB as well. 

• Heart 1

35 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

Hey @Zealot are you on Instagram?  There are a couple of cats that you should be following if you are.

Cameron Hanes and John Dudley.  They have both been on Joe Rogan a bunch of times and are BIG time bow hunters.  I think it might be up your alley.

Beka Garris is a female trad bow hunter / bow fisher who is pretty awesome. She even sometimes hunts with her baby in a child carrier on her back. 

Check her out:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/blog.beararchery.com/post/171876444637/beka-partners-with-bear-archery/amp

3 minutes ago, Zealot said:

Beka Garris is a female trad bow hunter / bow fisher who is pretty awesome. She even sometimes hunts with her baby in a child carrier on her back. 

Check her out:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/blog.beararchery.com/post/171876444637/beka-partners-with-bear-archery/amp

I think I have seen her on the instagrams as well.  I will look her up. 

17 hours ago, Zealot said:

@KrAzY, if you’re still around. 10 months post shoulder replacement, I’ve gotten my bows back out. I’ve been practicing for about the past 3-4 weeks with my wife’s 30# longbow. Hurt like hell when I started, but I’m up to shooting 100 arrows a day. My wife bought me a 68” 45# longbow for Father’s Day. It arrived yesterday. So today I took it out.  And my 50# recurve. Shot them both for about an hour and a half.  Getting a solid 31” draw, effectively putting their draw weights around 52.5 and 57.5 respectively. Felt amazing!  I’m a little sore at the moment, but what a blast!  My accuracy isn’t where it used to be, but getting there. Shooting completely instinctively:

spacer.pngC5801643-A32C-4ACF-8371-D5D8B242F11F.thumb.jpeg.4dc4c98b27eac30163522fd0ab8f83cd.jpegC443B0D8-2D65-40A8-976A-677A1AA4CB50.thumb.jpeg.9ecc3355fc4e8247ff441ef30b6cc6a8.jpeg 

shooting some carbon and aluminum, different spines. 

Not too bad at 20 - 30 paces.  All the centers were with the recurve.  spacer.png

Anyway, sitting here enjoying the evening air, catching a buzz and remembering that we were having this conversation several years ago.  I’ve been out of it since then because the shoulder failed. Looking forward to getting in the woods this fall and bringing home some venison.  😊 

Thats awesome, and yes I'm still around :)

I was almost arrested for shooting my bow the other day.. Guess it is perfectly fine to have firearms out in public, but when you shoot your bow in the front yard... it scares the shit out of the neighbors driving by.. 
What distance are you shooting at? The grouping looks nice! 

Tonight we were talking about bow fishing from our kayaks for gar and carp. 

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

8 hours ago, KrAzY said:

Thats awesome, and yes I'm still around :)

I was almost arrested for shooting my bow the other day.. Guess it is perfectly fine to have firearms out in public, but when you shoot your bow in the front yard... it scares the shit out of the neighbors driving by.. 
What distance are you shooting at? The grouping looks nice! 

Tonight we were talking about bow fishing from our kayaks for gar and carp. 

Well, there is a slight difference in having a firearm in public as opposed to firing one in public... 😉 

20 yards for that round.  Shooting to 40 -45 yards at max. It’s the longest I have in my backyard range:

36A311D3-A775-4FCE-B374-08B2C2AB6DFA.thumb.jpeg.441e1a74ccc5fc929fa848b97c73717d.jpeg

Sighted in the compound bow this afternoon from here. Put a new fluorescent pin sight on it.  

My shoulder is pretty sore now.  

Heading out in the morning on a backpacking trip until Sunday.

Hope the bow fishing went well!

• Heart 2

My dad graded the top terrace dead flat so he could use it as an Ultralight runway, so that’s where Sonny and I set up the archery course.  We usually shot at 30 to 50 meters, but would take it out to 70 and 90 meters every now and then. 
Fun is the game of, clout, if you have the room for it and a bunch of shitty arrows you don’t mind sticking into the ground.

You spray paint a big target on the ground, and shoot at it from 180 yards away.  The closer to center the better the points. Surprisingly you don’t need a powerful bow to shoot that far, a 30 pounder will do it fine. 
We would get lazy and use the golf cart to go retrieve the arrows.  180 yards gets to be a long way to walk back and forth after pulling on a bow for a while. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clout_archery

• Heart 1