You Will Never Guess What I'm Doing Tonight

Nate

go on...try to guess

you'll be wrong as hell

I'm going over to my friend's house for dinner

He's African, from Niger. Not Nigeria ...Niger. go look at a flipping map for crying out loud

He's making African food

I've never had African food, I don't even know what to expect

We waited until after Ramadan so we could eat before 9pm

that means he's Muslim, if you are too stupid to put all that together. Thought I better connect those dots for you. There's Obama voters on the forum and all

So yes, I have black friends, and Muslim friends and we actually do stuff together

So suck on that you liberal pinkos. Me, a redneck, actually having dinner with an African Muslim friend

I'm teaching him how to shoot guns, too

I dunno. His country is Sub-Saharan, so I doubt it. I mean Africa is a big place...so maybe somewhere they do

but if there's no banana trees for 1000 miles, it probably isn't on the menu

ok, fair enough

but I'm pretty excited about trying African food. I've never had any real authentic African food

I've tried all kinds of Asian food when I was in Pacific Fleet, and all kinds of Carribean food when I lived in Puerto Rico, and then real actual Mexican food

never anything from Africa

• Heart 1

ok, fair enough

but I'm pretty excited about trying African food. I've never had any real authentic African food

I've tried all kinds of Asian food when I was in Pacific Fleet, and all kinds of Carribean food when I lived in Puerto Rico, and then real actual Mexican food

never anything from Africa

I would expect couscous + veggies, but not much meat

The one thing is that whatever he makes he will have to get the ingredients here in the states.

It was kinda funny, but when he went back to Africa to visit his folks he told me that he was hungry all the time. He has spent so many years in the west (he got his degree from the University of Paris and he spoke French before he learned English) that he wasn't used to the diet in his home country anymore

I starved for two weeks, when I went to Grenada.  Food was outrageously priced and small in quality.  I have no idea how the Grenadians make it there.  I did see plenty of goats being slaughtered right before Christmas Day.  Goats are all over the place.  

We got back to Miami and I literally ran to the food court.  Best airport pizza I ever ate. HAHA

I know. French is a much more common language in Africa than English. Most Africans I've known spoke French before they learned English

What's interesting talking with him is that he thinks like a Frenchman. Talking with him reminds me of talking with my friends that were French  nationals. I mean in the way I need to speak to be easily understood and they way he says things

When they hired him at Pitt, all the social workers thought that I wouldn't get along with him because they're predjudiced against rednecks, but I was the only one in the building that could speak French to him, so right from day one we were good friends.

Funny enough, I was the only one in a building full of "diversity" nuts that actually bothered to pronounce his name right

I dunno. His country is Sub-Saharan, so I doubt it. I mean Africa is a big place...so maybe somewhere they do

but if there's no banana trees for 1000 miles, it probably isn't on the menu

I grew up on a banana farm in Africa and never even heard of a plantain until I came here.

Fried plantains are great. Cuban style rice and black beans....that ham sammie with the pickles...now I'm hungry again..

Second what Bosox said..get some photo's of dinner and lets have a review.

Have fun.

Redneck.

:whistle:

Nate, please tell us more about the food he cooks. Take photos if it doesn't offend you friend.

I just wrote it up in another thread. I don't have cellphones to take pictures, though

When I lived in Puerto Rico the Puerto Ricans ate plantains like we do potatoes. I remember they made this meat pie where the crust was plantains sliced long ways and laid out sort of like how we would lay out a lasagne

• Heart 1