So is limbs”falling asleep” blood flow or nerves?

Ralphie
Go to solution Solved by Tizeye,

If it fell asleep because you were putting pressure on it, it's blood flow.  It it occurs intermittently without pressure it could be a nerve problem.

My left forearm had intermittent numbness in 1984 - I had to look at my hand to see if I was holding chalk!

There was pinched nerve in my neck between the 5th and 6th cervical (neck) vertibra and trimming around the 5th - which is permanent locked slightly at an angle out of place - proved to do the trick.  For a few years, I'd start to notice a little numbness in that forearm - I'd lightly scratch both forearms with my fingernails to tell the difference in sensation.  I'd twist my head in all directions, hear a cracking sound - like you do if you crack your knuckles - and the numbness would go away.

Since then, it's been fine.

It is becoming damn near constant in my right hand, The fingers are still warm so I don't think it is a circulation issue. And neck / shoulder pain is becoming a constant, I suspect the two are related. Back to PT...I put it off while the weather was nice but now that it dark minutes after work and getting cold, wet and dreary I'll go spend the time at PT.